The other day a Blazer fan mentioned that he thought Andrei Kirilenko had the worst contract in the NBA. I started to wonder if there was any validity to this statement. As I looked at a list of NBA players along with their salaries, I realized that there are many NBA players who have worse contracts. Here are a couple zingers.
1. Shaquille O'neal- The big cactus is due $21 million a year for the next 2 years and not only have his numbers dwindled (15 pts, 9 rebounds/game), but he is not the missing piece Phoenix needs to win the title.
2. Ben Wallace- Wallace is due $30 million for the next two years and he is a backup center who is worse than non-existent offensively and is an average defender at best now.
3. Antoine Walker- He is only due $9 million/ year for the next 3 years, but he may not contribute at all. Walker is probably one of the most out of shape pro ballers and I would much rather have AK's contract anyday.
4. Kenyon Martin- His numbers are okay, but his contract is almost identical to Andrei's and who would you rather have?
5. Darius Miles- This is a low blow to all Portland fans. Miles will cost the Blazers $18 million over the next two seasons to play for the Celtics. Ouch.
6. Jason Collins- It is bad enough to be paying Jarron $2.5 million a year, but the T-Wolves are paying his unskilled twin brother $6 a year. Can you imagine, Jazz fans?
7. Vince Carter- This may seem like a stretch, but if Carter played for the Jazz, he would be the 3rd option too and his numbers wouldn't be as good. And he plays NO defense. He is owed $45 million over 3 seasons too.
Now it's your turn.
Who has the worst contract in the NBA?
Andrei Kirilenko (12 votes)
Shaquille O'neal (36 votes)
Ben Wallace (70 votes)
Kenyon Martin (8 votes)
Antoine Walker (22 votes)
Darius Miles (28 votes)
Jason Collins (6 votes)
182 total votes