1. Sending Boozer to Miami will make him happy and he will play well. As a fan of the game, I want to see Boozer making post defenders look helpless. I love his post game so much - the spins, the lefty scoops and dunks, the baseline fading J....that's all good basketball and I am happy to watch it.
2. And if he plays well, we don't want him anywhere near a Western Conference team.
3. Keeping him in Miami will keep Dwayne Wade in Miami.
4. Keeping Dwayne Wade in Miami will entice Lamar Odom out of LA, which will weaken LA in two ways, 1) no Lamar Odom, 2) No calming presence for Artest. Artest has behaved admirably the past couple years, but he's a nutcase and a time bomb. The papers say Odom is pals with Artest and that would be good for the locker room. I want LA's locker room to be as chaotic as a 3rd world revolution, and losing Odom to the Heat could do that.
5. If we don't get Tyrus Thomas, I don't especially care who we get. No matter who they are, they will be an upgrade over Harpring and Collins, so no matter what, we'll be better than last year. And as others have pointed out, the most important thing about a Boozer trade is simply trading Boozer. He needs out; we need him out. So it might as well be to Miami.
6. Booze and Odom to Miami suddenly make the Heat a contender. The East could be tough with Atlanta growing up, Boston holding on and Cleveland playing like hungry Pit Bulls. Miami is closer to contending with these folks than Chicago+Boozer. Derrick Rose is a beast, but giving him Booze is not the same as giving Wade a 20/10 guy. That's like giving a teenager the keys to a new car vs. giving Danica Patrick the keys to a new car.
ARGGHHHH WHO CARES, JUST TRADE HIM ALREADY!!!!! i want to see Deron do some back flips for something other than charity! lol
All comments are the opinion of the commenter and not necessarily that of SLC Dunk or SB Nation.