Kelley L Cox-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
The Daily Doings of the Utah Jazz on Thursday, October 18, 2012
The streak is over. We knew it would come to an end but it still kind of hurts even though its just the preseason.
- Starters were meh and then yuck
- Paul Millsap's line doesn't show the fire that he played with against Blake Griffin
- Bench was AMAZING
- Jeremy's play on Turiaf should have ended the game right then and there
btw amar's tweet was in response to Clint's tweet:
I am most excited this year to see this team mesh and play as a team. It is hard for me to temper my excitement about our young kids. I see what they did in the 2nd and 4th quarters and it makes me squeal with excitement. I see how the starters played (especially in the 3rd) and its hard not to desire to see the bench take the floor.
I agree with Amar though, this team has to play as a team, it has to win as a team. It can't be on one individual player. Yet the starters seem to lapse into that one-on-one iso play of last year that I hate more than anything. Lets play as a team Jazz, lets play fast, that's how you'll win!
What is going on with the starters?
- They seem to not play the same offense that the bench plays
- They seem to like to take on the responsibility of the game as an individual effort
- Marvin is not included he seems to be doing well
- Paul and Al seemed to play well together last year but this year they haven't clicked (yet)
- Will this all change when the regular season begins and if so, how?
In case you haven't seen it yet:
- Jeremy Evans is incredible
- Jeremy Evans brings a lot of fun to the game
- Alec Burks reaction is priceless
- Plays like this build chemistry
(I want to point out I was first in reporting on winning as a team, Amar was not ;) )
What is your answer to Greg?