The streak is over. We knew it would come to an end but it still kind of hurts even though its just the preseason.
- Starters were meh and then yuck
- Paul Millsap's line doesn't show the fire that he played with against Blake Griffin
- Bench was AMAZING
- Jeremy's play on Turiaf should have ended the game right then and there
btw amar's tweet was in response to Clint's tweet:
I am most excited this year to see this team mesh and play as a team. It is hard for me to temper my excitement about our young kids. I see what they did in the 2nd and 4th quarters and it makes me squeal with excitement. I see how the starters played (especially in the 3rd) and its hard not to desire to see the bench take the floor.
I agree with Amar though, this team has to play as a team, it has to win as a team. It can't be on one individual player. Yet the starters seem to lapse into that one-on-one iso play of last year that I hate more than anything. Lets play as a team Jazz, lets play fast, that's how you'll win!
What is going on with the starters?
- They seem to not play the same offense that the bench plays
- They seem to like to take on the responsibility of the game as an individual effort
- Marvin is not included he seems to be doing well
- Paul and Al seemed to play well together last year but this year they haven't clicked (yet)
- Will this all change when the regular season begins and if so, how?
In case you haven't seen it yet:
- Jeremy Evans is incredible
- Jeremy Evans brings a lot of fun to the game
- Alec Burks reaction is priceless
- Plays like this build chemistry
(I want to point out I was first in reporting on winning as a team, Amar was not ;) )
What is your answer to Greg?