I love our team right now, but I suspect some changes are coming. The Jazz have a ton of assets, and I believe the trade deadline is going to be very busy this year. This means a lot of teams are going to be contacting the Jazz in order to help facilitate getting deals done. I am by no means saying we should actually do any of these, I just like to look at potential scenarios. I try to keep it reasonable and only target guys that are probably available. Discuss
1. Milsap and Harris for Pau and Morris. We can play Gasol at center, Favors starts at the 4, and we get a young pg with potential. Lakes get an upgrade at the point and an excellent power forward. We might have to throw something else. Bell?
2. Jefferson, Miles, Harris, and our Warriors pick for Rondo, Allen and Oneal. Celtics get a decent pg, a young slashing wing, and the down low presence they dont have right now along with a good first round pick. We get an excellent PG. a strong veteran who can hit the 3 which we badly need, and an acceptable starting center who would concede minutes to Kanter.
3. We trade CJ Miles for Anthony Morrow. Morrow is an elite 3 pt shooter and the Nets are looking to get rid of him to clear cap space. Miles gives them a nice expiring contract and we get someone who can hit a 3.
4. This is a big one. Jazz get Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick, and Quentin Richardson. Orlando gets Stephen Jackson Brandon Jennings, and Josh Howard. Milwaukee gets Devin Harris, CJ Miles and our Warriors pick.
The way I see it, Milwaukee gets rid of the Brandon Jennings headache and gets a draft pick, a decent pg, and a solid wing. Orlando gets a whole lot of scoring firepower in hopes of keeping Dwight. Jazz get a pg of equivalent worth, an elite 3 point shooter in Reddick, and another acceptable wing in Richardson. Not sure if the Jazz would do this unless we could keep our pick. Orlando would do this in a second. Milwaukee would only do this if they got a pick out of it.
If it's not a trade that we make, then here are my suggestions for people we should look to absorb with our trade exception.
1. Anthony Morrow since the Nets need to clear cap space, and we basically gave them Memo for nothing. They owe us!
2. JJ Redick since Orlando will be cleaning house when Dwight leaves
3. Ray Allen since the Celtics might be blowing it up
79 votes total
All comments are the opinion of the commenter and not necessarily that of SLC Dunk or SB Nation.