I know to some that is what my question is but do you actually want us to make the playoffs? I am curious what others think
The downsides with making the playoffs are simple
1. we go from a lottery pick in a deep draft that is being heralded as the strongest in years to giving our pick to Minnesota.(it's top 14 protected for 2012)
2. It may come at the expense of giving our young players experience (debatable)
3. Not really a downside but we are likely fighting for 8th spot and does anyone seriously think we can take okc (last night was great but..) in a 7 game series? Possible I suppose but we VERY likely would be headed for a first round exit
I personally do not mind with missing the playoffs several times if need be to build a championship quality team for years to come. I am a jazz fan even in the down years like this one actually I have been quite happy with the outlook of the jazz. In the event golden state tanks hard enough we lose their pick I don't want to lose ours and miss out on this draft! Even if we don't like our pick(lot of 4s and 5s in the draft) it can be turned into a great trade asset!
So where do you guys/gals stand??
1. How dare you call yourself a fan you should always root for your team to win! Lets go Jazz make the playoffs!
2. I'd like to make the playoffs but only if it isn't at the expense of developing our young players.
3. Either way is fine
4. I'd like to miss the playoffs for our future but the jazz should play our young players and still try to win games
5. Future future future! F!@# this season throw games whatever it takes to improve our draft pick
or pick the two numbers you're in between exp. ( I personally am between 4-5)
Please pick a number and say why or curse me out for suggesting its ok to lose