I think the debacle in Atlanta has been covered. The reality is, despite how tough that loss was, the Jazz remain in 7th place in the playoff race and still just a game and a half out of 4th place.
All in all, not as much shuffling today as we've seen in the previous days. The Nuggets second blowout loss drops them out of the 8th spot because they are on the wrong side of tiebreakers with the Jazz and Rockets.
Check out the standings and WYWS after the jump.
|Western Conference - While you were sleeping|
|1||Oklahoma City Thunder||MIA||W||37||12||75.5%||--|
|2||San Antonio Spurs||PHI||W||33||14||70.2%||3|
|3||Los Angeles Lakers||MEM||L||30||19||61.2%||7|
|4||Los Angeles Clippers||27||21||56.3%||9.5|
|12||Portland Trail Blazers||GSW||W||22||26||45.8%||14|
|13||Golden State Warriors||@POR||L||20||27||42.6%||16|
|15||New Orleans Hornets||12||36||25.0%||24.5|
While you were sleeping:
The Good News!
- Nuggets 100 - Timberwolves 117: Good for the Jazz.
- Grizzlies 102 - Lakers 96: Sessions moved to the starting lineup and the Lakers bench contributed nothing
The 'Meh' !
- Warriors 87 - Trailblazers 90: Finally, a believable tank job.
The Bad, like a forearm shiver, News:
- Jazz 133 - Hawks 139: How big of a black hole is Philips Arena? No pics from last night's game have escaped.
- Suns 108 - Cavs 83: Suns finish their roadie 2-2 and close to a game back from the 8th seed
Tonight's Important Games:
- Jazz @ Nets: Can the Jazz pick up the pieces to overcome the insurmountable rage and desire for revenge of DWill?
- Nuggets @ Bulls: Ouch. Things are getting rough for Denver
- Kings @ Rockets: The Jazz could use some help. Don't hold your breath to get it here.
- Hornets @ Clippers: Clippers look to get two in a row after a rough week, last week.