You have to be proud of our Jazz for how they shook off a disheartening loss in Atlanta and took out their frustration on the Nets. Of course, you also have to realize they are the Nets. It's a good thing too, because they didn't get any help last night. Still sitting in 7th place and a game and a half out of 4th. If you haven't done so, make sure and check out Clark's breakdown of the playoff race, and predictions for the end of the season, in the DB directly below.
For the standings and what happened WYWS, click the Jump
|Western Conference - While You Were Sleeping|
|1||Oklahoma City Thunder||37||12||75.5%||--|
|2||San Antonio Spurs||33||14||70.2%||3|
|3||Los Angeles Lakers||30||19||61.2%||7|
|4||Los Angeles Clippers||NOH||W||28||21||57.1%||9|
|12||Portland Trail Blazers||23||26||46.9%||14|
|13||Golden State Warriors||20||27||42.6%||16|
|15||New Orleans Hornets||@LAC||L||12||37||24.5%||25|
While you were sleeping:
The 'Technically it Was All Bad' News:
- Jazz 105 - Nets 84: Poor Deron. Good recovery by our squad.
- Nuggets 108 - Bulls 91: Thanks bizarro-Jazz. No Derrick Rose again for the Bulls
- Kings 106 - Rockets 113: The score was close. Just the way seasoned, perennial tankers like it.
- Hornets 85 - Clippers 97: We see you Clipps, faltering, wavering, being tossed around in the waves of an unforgiving playoff race.
Tonight's Important Games:
- Timberwolves @ Grizzlies: The Wolves look to stay in the playoff hunt as the Grizz try to gain some cushion
- Rockets @ Mavericks: Which outcome helps the Jazz more? A Rockets win bumps them up a half game on the Jazz, but moves the Mavs a half game closer.
- Spurs @ Suns: Gotta go with SA here. Like Clark said, the Jazz have little chance of catching the Spurs, but could use some leeway with the Suns.
- Lakers @ Warriors: Gotta go with the Warriors here. Every game is going to be needed as the tanking ramps up these last few weeks.