Feb 7, 2012; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Sacramento Kings guard Jimmer Fredette (7) against the Minnesota Timberwolves at the Target Center. The Timberwolves defeated the Kings 86-84. Mandatory Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-US PRESSWIRE
Game 52: Sacramento Kings (17-33, Road: 4-22) @ Utah Jazz (27-24, Home: 19-6)
In the business world you rarely get something for nothing. When the NBA schedule was being finalized a proposed draft was sent out to all the teams. Out of all the proposed revisions that did take place between then and the release of the official NBA schedule I know of only one. And that one is that the Jazz requested a second home game against the Kings. We got something. I don't know what the Jazz gave back in return. Tonight is the Jimmer Fredette Ransom Game. Even if he doesn't play more than 20 minutes, we're paying for all 48. I just don't know what we put up for it.
Tonight the Jazz try to win one at home against a Kings team that seems to be built to give us fits. It's not going to be easy, unless we step on the gas early and don't let up. Our team did let up in New Jersey and made that game harder than it had to be. I don't see the Jazz smartening up in the span of a few nights. Tonight is going to be a dogfight.
- Raja Bell (UTA) is totally okay to play guys, really, he is. Just ask him! He is still out though
- Josh Howard (UTA) is out for the rest of the season as well
- John Salmons (SAC) has a sore right hip and is questionable for tonight's game
- Terrence Williams (SAC) was waived by the Rockets and now finds himself with the Kings. Because they didn't have enough wing guys who can hit threes already
- Please enjoy the game and stay through the halftime show of DeMarcus Cousins vs. Earl Watson / Devin Harris tag-team handicapped match.
- Kings vs Jazz coverage
- Kings vs Jazz preview
- Sactown Royalty