What an absolutely horrible night for the Jazz. Not only did they not help themselves, they got absolutely zero help anywhere else. The Mavs and Clippers both managed to eek out wins, and Denver won easily against the Tankcats.
Last night could be the night that we look back on as the turning point for this team. Two tough losses in a row and another game tonight against the hot because they're at home Clippers.
Check out the standings and WYWS below, while I try to step back from that ledge my friend.
|Western Conference - While You Were Sleeping|
|1||Oklahoma City Thunder||39||12||76.5%||--|
|2||San Antonio Spurs||35||14||71.4%||3|
|3||Los Angeles Lakers||31||20||60.8%||8|
|4||Los Angeles Clippers||30||21||58.8%||9|
|12||Portland Trail Blazers||@LAC||L||24||28||46.2%||15.5|
|13||Golden State Warriors||@NJN||L||20||30||40.0%||18.5|
|15||New Orleans Hornets||13||38||25.5%||26|
While you were sleeping:
The "Ooh That's Bad":
- Kings 104 - Jazz 103: This one could come back to bite the Jazz.
- Mavericks 100 - Magic 98: Thanks bipolar, dysfunctional Magic.
- Grizzlies 89 - Rockets 98: This would have been a fantastic outcome if the Jazz had handled theirs.
- Trailblazers 97 - Clippers 98: We can only hope this game was as hard fought as the Jazz's was.
- Nets 102 - Warriors 100: When you can't even beat the Nets at home, that's blatant tanking. Stealth tank fail.
Tonight's Important Games:
- Grizzlies @ Bucks: The Bucks are in a battle for the 8th spot in the East.
- Jazz @ Clippers: This one has huge implications for the Jazz. A win closes the gap to the Clippers and puts them just a half game back from the Rockets and Nuggets.