Another horrible night for the Jazz as they continue their free fall out of the playoff picture. What was once a comfortable cushion between 7th and 10th place is no more, as the Jazz sit just 1 game above the Suns. What's worse, is the game and a half now between them and the Nuggets/Rockets is looking more and more insurmountable.
The Jazz could have gotten a little help from the Bucks last night, but the Grizzlies went in and grabbed a needed win. What really stings? DWill and the Nets go into Sactown and whip the Kings. Sigh.
The big chart and a picture of a sad Jazz after the jump.
|Western Conference - While You Were Sleeping|
|1||Oklahoma City Thunder||39||12||76.5%||--|
|2||San Antonio Spurs||IND||W||36||14||72.0%||2.5|
|3||Los Angeles Lakers||NOH||W||32||20||61.5%||7.5|
|4||Los Angeles Clippers||UTA||W||31||21||59.6%||8.5|
|12||Portland Trail Blazers||24||28||46.2%||15.5|
|13||Golden State Warriors||20||30||40.0%||18.5|
|15||New Orleans Hornets||@LAL||L||13||39||25.0%||26.5|
While you were sleeping:
The "Its Bad, Man":
- Jazz 96 - Clippers 105: Locke said the Clipps didn't get their first paint point until 2:00 left in the 2nd quarter. That's unsane.
- Grizzlies 99 - Bucks 95: Good road win for the Grizz.
Tonight's Important Games:
- Nuggets @ Magic: Maybe the Magic can finish off a Western Conference team?
- Pacers @ Rockets: Pacers looking to overtake the Magic. Rox need a win to keep the 7th seed.
- Hornets @ Suns: Back to back for the Hornets, visiting a rested Suns. Don't hold your breath.