Maybe the name should be While You Were Seething. I'm not going to be diplomatic about this. Last night's loss to the Grizzlies hurt, but what was worse is that they should have won the game. They were absolutely jobbed by the officiating. I saw a very physical game in which only one team was penalized for it. Getting the win last night would have nullified the loss to the Hornets and put the Jazz within striking distance of the Mavs. Now, as has been mentioned to death, they have to win out and probably still hope for some help from the scoreboard.
With that, lets take a look at what happened around the league While You Were Sleeping.
|Western Conference - While You Were Sleeping|
|1||x||Oklahoma City Thunder||@MIN||W||44||16||73.3%||--|
|2||x||San Antonio Spurs||PHX||W||42||16||72.4%||1|
|3||x||Los Angeles Lakers||38||22||63.3%||6|
|4||Los Angeles Clippers||GSW||W||37||23||61.7%||7|
|11||Portland Trail Blazers||28||32||46.7%||16|
|13||o||Golden State Warriors||@LAC||L||22||37||37.3%||21.5|
|15||o||New Orleans Hornets||17||42||28.8%||26.5|
While you were sleeping:
I guess this is Good News
- Suns 91 - Spurs 105: At least the Suns are matching the Jazz in L's.
The 'Meh' !
- Warriors 104 - Clippers 112: Keeps the Warriors tied for 8th with the Pistons. Optimum draft position, but still too close to the 7th place Nets.
The Grizzlies Owner Michael Heisley Knows How Bad This is:
- Jazz 98 - Grizzlies 103: Jobbed.
Tonight's Important Games:
- Mavs @ Lakers: Second early game on ABC
- Bulls @ Pistons: Lets go Bulls!
- Rockets @ Nuggets: Whichever team loses, the Jazz will gain a half game on.
The Jazz have, by far, the easiest remaining schedule. All we can do is cross our fingers. All the Jazz have to do is take their destiny into their own hands.