There were only two games last night, and both were, well, 'meh' games in terms of the Utah Jazz, so let's just go to the Standings.
|Western Conference - While you were sleeping April 17th|
|1||y||San Antonio Spurs||@ LAL||W||44||16||73.3%||--|
|2||y||Oklahoma City Thunder||44||17||72.1%||0.5|
|3||x||Los Angeles Lakers||vs. SAS||L||39||23||62.9%||6|
|4||x||Los Angeles Clippers||38||23||62.3%||6.5|
|5||Memphis Grizzlies||@ MIN||W||36||25||59.0%||8.5|
|11||Portland Trail Blazers||28||34||45.2%||17|
|12||o||Minnesota Timberwolves||vs. MEM||L||25||38||39.7%||20.5|
|13||o||Golden State Warriors||22||38||36.7%||22|
|15||o||New Orleans Hornets||19||42||31.1%||25.5|
|z - clinched conference||x - clinched playoffs|
|y - clinched division||o - out of playoffs|
Pretty blah night in the West..
More info on what happened last night and what to look for tonight, after das jump.
- The Spurs beat the Lakers without Kobe Bryant, and retook 1st place in the conference by half a game
- The Grizz beat the T-Wolves. Memphis is too far ahead for us to worry about, and Minnesota too far below.
Tonight's Big Games:
- New Orleans @ Memphis: both teams want Memphis to win. The Grizz are still fighting for home court
- Houston @ Dallas: Houston has gone into a tailspin from a few weeks ago, Dallas needs to get the job done to help the Jazz
- Los Angeles Clippers @ Denver: rooting for Blake Griffin makes me feel dirty here
- Oklahoma City @ Phoenix: same thing for rooting for Russell Westbrook
- Utah @ Portland: beating Dallas and then losing to Portland would be just so predictable, gotta win this
- San Antonio @ Sacramento: meh
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Golden State: Go Golden State! I guess Kobe will play in this one though.