ATLANTA, GA - DECEMBER 30: Al Horford #15 of the Atlanta Hawks defends against Mehmet Okur #13 of the New Jersey Nets at Philips Arena on December 30, 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
Game 63: Utah Jazz (32-30, Road: 10-22) @ Portland Trail Blazers (28-34, Home: 20-12)
Five game win streak continues tonight!
The Jazz have to keep rolling, and play their last regular season road game tonight. Portland is usually a tough place to play; but since they scuttled a lot of their team, and have placed some members on the injury reserve for dubious reasons, they appear to be less dangerous right now. The Jazz are also still missing a ton of people. The Blazers are down, but we can't count this as a win yet (lessons learned from New Orleans). There appears to be less overt danger, but danger still exists.
We're not talented enough, well coached enough, or good enough to over look teams. Especially not division rivals who can hit the long bomb.
- LaMarcus Aldridge (POR) is out for the rest of the season, needing hip surgery
- Nicolas Batum (POR) is questionable tonight
- Raymond Felton (POR) is questionable tonight
- Elliot Williams (POR) is out for the rest of the season
Shawne Williams (POR) is out for the rest of the season (I know his uncle)
- That has nothing to do with his injury though
- Raja Bell (UTA) is . . . Raja Bell
- Josh Howard (UTA) is out for the rest of the regular season
- C.J. Miles (UTA) is still out with a left calf strain -- but should be returning soon
- Earl Watson (UTA) is out, and needs right knee surgery
- Jeremy Evans (UTA) is questionable for tonight, with a sprained right ankle
- Somehow I think Mehmet Okur (NJN / POR) should be on our team still
- Which kind of makes sense in some strange way as he has an internet addiction and loves memes, and would totally get that Portland may try to troll us tonight by going hard.
- Jazz vs Trail Blazers coverage
- Jazz vs Trail Blazers preview
- Blazer's Edge (SBN POR blog)