After the Nuggets went into Phoenix and gave the Suns the business, the Jazz took control of the 8th seed by beating the Magic. Its now a one game lead heading into the make or break game on Tuesday. The game we have been preparing ourselves for, as fans, for over a month.
The Jazz could get additional help before that date, but its unlikely with how the remaining schedule looks and the disposition of certain teams.
The Standings and WYWS after the jump.
|Western Conference - While You Were Sleeping|
|1||x||San Antonio Spurs||46||16||74.2%||--|
|2||x||Oklahoma City Thunder||46||17||73.0%||0.5|
|3||x||Los Angeles Lakers||40||24||62.5%||7|
|4||x||Los Angeles Clippers||39||24||61.9%||7.5|
|11||o||Portland Trail Blazers||@MEM||L||28||36||43.8%||19|
|13||o||Golden State Warriors||@HOU||L||22||41||34.9%||24.5|
|15||o||New Orleans Hornets||20||43||31.7%||26.5|
While you were sleeping:
- Nuggets 118 - Suns 107: The Nuggets have been quite good to the Jazz lately
- Mavericks 83 - Bulls 93: The Mavs drop below the Nuggs after losing this offensive score-fest.
- Magic 107 - Jazz 117: The Jazz love playing basketball so much, they insist on AT LEAST an extra five minutes a game.
The "Coach Sloan is Not Impressed with Your Effort":
- Warriors 96 - Rockets 99: The Warriors' last few possessions were laughable.
Tonight's Important Games:
- Rockets @ Heat: Both teams played yesterday. The Heat will surely be resting their stars.
- Magic @ Nuggets: Lets see if those three's are dropping tonight. If so, there could be a combined 316 three pointers attempted.