NBA Regular Season Game #29:
Utah Jazz 85 @ Atlanta Hawks 118
SO MANY REVENGE GAMES!
The Hawks are a Top 3 team in the Eastern Conference that is built to chew up teams like us. We're the worst team in our conference. It was like if Megatron got to beat up the hobbits in the Shire. (I know you've read the same fanfic that I have) I'm not really going to explain this game that much. The Macedonian version of Carlos Boozer got in this game (Pero Antic), and was hitting threes against us.. That should really tell you all you need to know.
- The Utah Jazz starters (Trey Burke, Gordon Hayward, Richard Jefferson, Marvin Williams, and Derrick Favors) managed to score 33 points. That's good, right? That's better than score 32. So positive!
- Enes Kanter got to play today (27 minutes) and got a 13 / 13 double double with 5 FTA, 2 blocks, 1 assist, and 1 steal
- The Trey Burke / Dennis Schroder match-up was a virtual tie. (2 points each, 3 assists each -- Trey had +3 rebounds, but also too +5 shots, and still managed only 2 points)
- The Jazz defense was shell shocked by the Hawks, who have a rookie coach
- The Jazz offense didn't start clicking until they were already down by 20
- The three point defense is as bad as ever
Jazz fly East tonight to fact the Charlotte Bobcats for game 4 of this 5 game road trip.