Bob Donnan-US PRESSWIRE
All-Star Friday Night:
- Celebrity Game: West defeats East 58-38, Kevin Hart dominates (?)
- BBVA Rising Stars Challenge: Team Chuck defeats Team Shaq 163-135, Kenneth Faried scores 40
All-Star Saturday Night:
- NB-DL All-Star Game (1:00 PM Utah Time): No one you care about . . .
- State Farm All-Star Saturday Night: Saturday, 6:00 pm Utah time on TNT
- Sears Shooting Stars Competition: James Harden / Tina Thompson / Robert Horry vs. Russell Westbrook / Maya Moore / Sam Cassell vs. Chris Bosh / Swin Cash / Dominique Wilkins vs. Brook Lopez / Tamika Catchings / Muggsy Bogues.
- Taco Bell Skills Challenge: EAST Jrue Holiday, Brandon Knight, Jeff Teague vs. WEST Damian Lillard, Jeremy Lin, and Tony Parker
- Foot Locker Three - Point Contest: EAST Paul George, Kyrie Irving, Steve Novak vs. WEST Ryan Anderson, Matt Bonner, Stephen Curry
- Sprite Slam Dunk Contest: EAST Gerald Green, Terrence Ross, James White vs. WEST Eric Bledsoe, Jeremy Evans, and Kenneth Faried
All-Star Sunday Night:
- NBA All-Star Game: Sunday, 6:00 pm Utah time on TNT
- Eastern Conference: Rajon Rondo, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Tyson Chandler, Luol Deng, Paul George, Jrue Holiday, Kyrie Irving, Brook Lopez, and Joakim Noah -- coached by Erik Spoelstra (Miami Heat)
- Western Conference: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tim Duncan, James Harden, David Lee, Tony Parker, Zach Randolph, and Russell Westbrook -- coached by Gregg Popovich (San Antonio Spurs)
Well, you may see things further divided into EAST and WEST this year. The reason is that they are trying to add a meta-game element to the entire deal. It's too much math for me this morning, but essentially, every contest matters. Winning something is great for yourself / your team, but it also gives you more points than the other conference. At the end of all the events one conference will reign supreme. What do they win? They get to be crowned "State Farm All-Star Saturday Night Champions". Yes. I know this means little . . . but I'm sure someone is getting paid tonight. Full into on all of this can be found here.