Today is the NBA Draft. It's being hosted by the Brooklyn Nets home court the Barclays Center, in Brooklyn. (Department of Redundancy Department sponsored that message) It's a big deal. Not many people even KNEW that NBA stuff happened on Wednesday because the stuff on Thursday is so much bigger.
And what is happening today? Well . . .
- 12 noon - 8 pm EST: Media Check in / Credential Pick up in Barclays Center (Dean St. entrance)
- 4 pm EST: Media Shuttle from the Westin Times Square to Barclays Center
- 4 pm - 7 pm EST: Media Dining at Barclays Center in Marshalling Area in West End Zone (Om nom nom)
- 5:30 pm EST: NBA Draft Prospects arrive at Barclays Center
- 6:45 pm EST: Doors open to the public for the 67th annual NBA Draft
- 7:00 pm EST: 2013 NBA Draft on ESPN <-- This is the TV station covering it all in USA, it's TSN in Canada
- 7:30 pm EST: 2013 NBA Draft on ESPN Radio
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 am EST: Media Shuttles from Barclays Center to the Westin Times Square
- 1:30 am - when it ends EST: Parties, parties, parties
So the 'deal' for you guys and gals at home is to tune in to ESPN at 5:00 Utah time to watch all the pre-show stuff. This is a PR event to showcase all the new employees of the NBA. It's a glossy show. For a more real show get up and go to the Utah Jazz draft party at the Energy Solutions Arena!
Admission is free, and doors open at 4:30 Utah time.
You are going to see some familiar faces there, including reportage from some of the SLC Dunk crew : )