So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
|Record||Games||Lottery Situation||Recent Events|
|Team||W||L||%||Ahead||Left||Conf.||Seed||Lotto?||Owns Pick?||Last night||Tonight|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||10||45||18.2%||0.0||27||East||15||Yes||Yes||@ PHI|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||41||26.8%||4.5||26||East||14||Yes||Yes||vs MIL|
|3||Orlando Magic||17||41||29.3%||5.5||24||East||13||Yes||Yes||@ TOR||L|
|4||Boston Celtics||19||38||33.3%||8.0||25||East||12||Yes||Yes||@ UTA|
|5||Los Angeles Lakers||19||37||33.9%||8.5||26||West||15||Yes||Yes||vs BKN||L|
|6||Utah Jazz||19||36||34.5%||9.0||27||West||14||Yes||Yes||vs BOS|
|7||Sacramento Kings||20||36||35.7%||9.5||26||West||13||Yes||Yes||@ DEN||W|
|8||New York Knicks||21||35||37.5%||10.5||26||East||11||Yes||DEN **||vs DAL|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||22||36||37.9%||10.5||24||East||10||Yes||Yes||vs WAS||L|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||25||29||46.3%||15.5||28||West||12||Yes||Yes||vs LAC|
|12||Denver Nuggets||23||33||41.1%||12.5||26||West||11||Yes||Yes||vs SAC||L|
|15||Brooklyn Nets||26||28||48.1%||16.5||28||East||6||ATL *||@ LAL||W|
|16||Minnesota Timberwolves||27||29||48.2%||16.5||26||West||10||Yes||Yes||@ POR||L|
|18||Dallas Mavericks||34||23||59.6%||23.0||25||West||8||Yes||@ NYK|
|19||Phoenix Suns||33||22||60.0%||23.0||27||West||7||Yes||vs HOU||L|
|20||Golden State Warriors||34||22||60.7%||23.5||26||West||6||UTA ***||@ DET|
|* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|** - DEN owns NYK pick|
|*** -- UTA owns GSW pick|
- Sacramento beat Denver, jumping from worst in the West to third worst in one night.
- Brooklyn beat Los Angeles, which is bad because we want the Lakers to win, win, win!
- Phoenix lost to Houston, which is bad because we want Phoenix to stay ahead of Golden State in the playoff order.
- Orlando lost to Toronto, we're not catching them so it doesn't matter.
- Cleveland lost to Washington, they are behind us in the race for ping pong balls, but if they keep losing they'll get too close for comfort to us. (Right now only 1.5 game margin)
- Minnesota lost to Portland, but they are in no-man's land, so it doesn't matter.
- Huge game between Milwaukee and Philly, in Milwaukee. If you have to cover one of those two teams I worry for your happiness tonight.
- Utah hosts Boston tonight too, so that's four of the worst six playing each other on one night. I expect our guys to win, because in Utah you don't negotiate with terrorists, you let them decide rotations and Xs and Os.
- Dallas visits New York City tonight, and that should be a solid win for Dirks team against a floundering 'Bocker franchise.
- New Orleans is in Los Angeles against Ba-lake and crew, and it's easy to predict how that will go.
- And lastly, Golden State is in Detroit. Hope for the best there would be a Detroit win.