So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
|Record||Games||Lottery Situation||Recent Events|
|Team||W||L||%||Ahead||Left||Conf.||Seed||Lotto?||Owns Pick?||Last night||Tonight|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||11||45||19.6%||0.0||26||East||15||Yes||Yes||@ PHI||W|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||42||26.3%||3.5||25||East||14||Yes||Yes||vs MIL||L|
|3||Orlando Magic||17||41||29.3%||5.0||24||East||13||Yes||Yes||@ WAS|
|4||Boston Celtics||19||39||32.8%||7.0||24||East||12||Yes||Yes||@ UTA||L|
|5||Los Angeles Lakers||19||37||33.9%||8.0||26||West||15||Yes||Yes||@ IND|
|6||Sacramento Kings||20||36||35.7%||9.0||26||West||14||Yes||Yes||vs HOU|
|7||Utah Jazz||20||36||35.7%||9.0||26||West||13||Yes||Yes||vs BOS||W|
|8||New York Knicks||21||36||36.8%||9.5||25||East||11||Yes||DEN **||vs DAL||L|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||22||36||37.9%||10.0||24||East||10||Yes||Yes||vs TOR|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||25||30||45.5%||14.5||27||West||12||Yes||Yes||vs LAC||L|
|12||Denver Nuggets||23||33||41.1%||12.0||26||West||11||Yes||Yes||vs POR|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||26||29||47.3%||15.5||27||East||8||Yes||vs CHI|
|15||Brooklyn Nets||26||28||48.1%||16.0||28||East||6||ATL *|
|16||Minnesota Timberwolves||27||29||48.2%||16.0||26||West||10||Yes||Yes||@ PHX|
|18||Phoenix Suns||33||22||60.0%||22.5||27||West||8||Yes||vs MIN|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||35||23||60.3%||23.0||24||West||7||Yes||@ NYK||W|
|20||Golden State Warriors||35||22||61.4%||23.5||25||West||6||UTA ***||@ DET||W|
|* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|** - DEN owns NYK pick|
|*** -- UTA owns GSW pick|
- Nope, nothing really good happened last night.
- The Jazz beat the Celtics, moving them down one, and us up one . . . when combined with . . .
- The Knicks losing to the Mavericks, brings them only 0.5 a game from us. If we win again and they lose again the Jazz then go to the #8 seed in the lotto. Smart move.
- The Warriors beat the Pistons, and they are now the 6th seed in the West.
- The Pelicans lost to the Clippers
- The Bucks beat the 76ers who super tanked. We're not catching either of those clubs anyway.
There are seven games being played tonight, and only a few of them matter for us.
Raptors @ Cavaliers: The Cavs are 1.0 games behind us here, if they keep losing we could go down to the #9 or #10 seed in no time
- Lakers @ Pacers: Lakers are the worst team in the West right now, and will hold onto that.
- Magic @ Wizards: Orlando is another member of the 40 loss club, while being only a teen in the win column.
Bulls @ Hawks: This really doesn't matter to us.
Trail Blazers @ Nuggets: Or this, but hey, Nuggets only 3.0 games back.
- Timberwolves @ Suns: Suns play a back to back hosting the Wolves then playing in our gym. This game is very interesting as they face us next.
Rockets @ Kings: Kings are pretty much the only West team we can catch. I expect them to lose again.