So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||11||46||19%||0.0||3||7||30%||25||15||8||East 15||1||@ IND||L|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||43||26%||3.5||0||10||0%||24||14||8||East 14||2|
|3||Orlando Magic||18||42||30%||5.5||5||5||50%||22||13||5||East 13||3|
|4||Los Angeles Lakers||19||39||33%||7.5||3||7||30%||24||13||6||West 15||4||vs SAC|
|5||Boston Celtics||20||39||34%||8.0||4||6||40%||23||14||6||East 12||5|
|6||Sacramento Kings||20||37||35%||9.0||5||5||50%||25||17||7||West 14||6||@ LAL|
|7||New York Knicks||21||37||36%||9.5||2||8||20%||24||17||11||East 11||8||3*||@ MIA||L||vs GSW|
|8||Utah Jazz||21||36||37%||10.0||5||5||50%||25||18||8||West 13||7||@ CLE|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||23||36||39%||11.0||7||3||70%||23||16||8||East 10||9||vs UTA|
|10||Detroit Pistons||23||35||40%||11.5||4||6||40%||24||14||9||East 9||10|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||23||34||40%||12.0||3||7||30%||25||14||7||West 12||11||@ PHX|
|12||Denver Nuggets||25||32||44%||14.0||1||9||10%||25||15||4||West 11||12||4*||vs BKN||L|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||26||31||46%||15.0||1||9||10%||25||16||7||East 8|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||27||30||47%||16.0||7||3||70%||25||16||8||East 7||@ SAS|
|15||Brooklyn Nets||27||29||48%||16.5||6||4||60%||26||20||12||East 6||1*||@ DEN||W|
|16||Minnesota Timberwolves||28||29||49%||17.0||5||5||50%||25||18||9||West 10||13|
|17||Memphis Grizzlies||32||24||57%||21.5||6||4||60%||26||16||6||West 9||14||@ OKC|
|18||Phoenix Suns||33||24||58%||22.0||4||6||40%||25||16||7||West 8||vs NOP|
|19||Golden State Warriors||35||23||60%||23.5||6||4||60%||24||17||9||West 7||2*||@ NYK|
|20||Dallas Mavericks||36||23||61%||24.0||8||2||80%||23||15||6||West 6||vs CHI|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st round picks|
- The Bucks lost to the Pacers, so they're are at least doing the bare minimum to stay ahead of the Sixers here.
- The Nets beat the Nuggets, so that's, uh, good for Deron Williams and Andrei Kirilenko right? The Nets leap-frogged the Bobcats and are now the #6 seed in the East Playoffs.
- The Knicks, due to no fault of their own -- they are in "win now" mode, lost to the Heat. And in doing so the Knicks are now the #7 seed here in the lotto, and leap-frogged the Jazz. Booo!
Tonight we dine in Hell. Tonight is pretty busy.
- The Lakers host the Kings, DeMarcus Cousins is acting up, and the Lakers never want to win another game. It'll be pretty interesting as West Lotto Seed 15 takes on West Lotto Seed 14.
- The Knicks face the Warriors, seems like the Knicks only play back to back games now. Well, NY can help themselves and us (twice) if they win tonight. They are 0.5 games ahead of us and the Warriors need to lose as much as possible. So most likely the Warriors will win.
- The Jazz start their 6 game road trip with a game against the Cavaliers. Utah is 1.0 games ahead of Cleveland, so if we win, then we're tied. With the Knicks likely to lose tonight this means we have a chance of being 9th lotto seed after tonight.
- The Peilicans visit the Suns, and really, Phoenix needs to get back on track. New Orleans is 3-7 in their last 10, so maybe they can against this squad.
- The Bobcats visit the Spurs, so good luck there.
- The Grizzlies visit the Thunder, and this is a win they need to go. Hopefully Russell Westbrook continues to be a problem for OKC.
- The Mavericks host the Bulls. Dallas is 8-2 in their last 10 and the hottest team in this group. Yet they are only 0.5 games ahead of GSW in the Western Conference Standings. It's possible that GSW wins tonight, and DAL *could* lose, making life tough for us Jazz fans.