So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- The Jazz lost to the Mavs -- which is good because we want to lose right now, and good because we want Dallas to pass the Warriors. It totally worked out last night.
- The Warriors lost to the Clippers -- The Dubs had been winning every game, so it's nice for them to finally lose one. It was also sweet because...
- ... The Grizzlies beat the Pelicans...
- ... and, as stated above, the Mavs beat the Jazz.
- This would have been made better, but the Suns lost to the Cavaliers. Man. Almost perfect.
- The 76ers lost to the Kings, which is good and bad. Probably should be in the good section because it gives the Kings a win and now there's 1.0 games between us.
- The Magic lost to the Nuggets, and Orlando is still comfortably ahead of us by 3.5 games.
- The Celtics lost to the Knicks, and they are tied with us.
- The Pistons lost to the Raptors, and are now in the middle of that 'nowheresville" East group of CLE, DET, NYK.
- The Nets beat the Heat, and I'm happy for those old guys with a crazy billionaire owner.
- The Bobcats beat the Wizards, so I guess now they are dire-bobcats?
Movers and Shakers:
- The 76ers have now lost 18 games in a row, but the NBA will never admit that teams tank.
- The Jazz and Boston both lost, and held onto the #4 spot, the Lakers were idle, and move to #6 (because of the tie), and the Kings who won go to #7.
- The Hawks and Nuggets switched places. But that doesn't mean anything.
- The Pistons are now 2-8 again in their last 10, after a few games of being less horrible.
- The Nets are 8-2, and turning it on with some big wins of late
- With the Grizz and Mavs wins, combined with the Warriors loss, there's no only 2.0 games separating the clubs we like vs. the Club we name to much. The Warriors will play both of these teams once more this season.
- For at least one night, again, the Jazz are the worst team in the West!
The Big Board:
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||13||51||20%||0.0||3||7||30%||18||8||5||East 15||1||@ ATL|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||49||23%||2.0||0||10||0%||18||11||5||East 14||2||vs SAC||L|
|3||Orlando Magic||19||47||29%||5.0||3||7||30%||16||11||3||East 13||3||vs DEN||L|
|4||Utah Jazz||22||43||34%||8.5||3||7||30%||17||13||4||West 15||4||vs DAL||L|
|5||Boston Celtics||22||43||34%||8.5||3||7||30%||17||12||5||East 12||4||vs NYK||L|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||22||42||34%||9.0||4||6||40%||18||10||5||West 14||6||@ OKC|
|7||Sacramento Kings||23||42||35%||9.5||4||6||40%||17||12||4||West 13||7||@ PHI||W|
|8||Cleveland Cavaliers||25||40||38%||11.5||3||7||30%||17||12||6||East 11||8||@ PHX||W|
|9||Detroit Pistons||25||40||38%||11.5||2||8||20%||17||10||6||East 10||9||@ TOR||L|
|10||New York Knicks||26||40||39%||12.0||4||6||40%||16||11||7||East 9||10||3*||@ BOS||W|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||26||38||41%||13.0||3||7||30%||18||9||4||West 12||11||vs MEM||L|
|12||Atlanta Hawks||27||35||44%||15.0||2||8||20%||20||12||5||East 8||vs MIL|
|13||Denver Nuggets||28||36||44%||15.0||2||8||20%||18||10||3||West 11||12||4*||@ ORL||W|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||31||34||48%||17.5||6||4||60%||17||13||7||East 7||@ WAS||W|
|15||Minnesota Timberwolves||32||31||51%||19.5||7||3||70%||19||14||6||West 10||13|
|16||Brooklyn Nets||33||30||52%||20.5||8||2||80%||19||16||9||East 6||1*||@ MIA||W|
|17||Phoenix Suns||36||28||56%||23.0||3||7||30%||18||13||7||West 9||14||vs CLE||L|
|18||Dallas Mavericks||39||27||59%||25.0||6||4||60%||16||13||6||West 8||@ UTA||W|
|19||Memphis Grizzlies||38||26||59%||25.0||7||3||70%||18||13||5||West 7||@ NOP||W|
|20||Golden State Warriors||41||25||62%||27.0||8||2||80%||16||13||8||West 6||2*||@ LAC||L|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st round picks|
Everyone take five tonight, nothing important is happening
- MIL @ ATL -- This should be a loss for the Bucks, who are only 2.0 ahead of PHI, and a win for ATL, who are 2.5 behind 7th seed CHA
- LAL @ OKC -- Not even Kobe could save them tonight.
Maybe someone good on the Jazz will get injured in practice today (in a way where it's not too bad, but it will keep them out of important games)?