So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- The Clippers beat the Jazz -- which is something I've never celebrated in my life before I think. This was a necessary loss because the Magic and Celtics and Lakers all also lost.
- The Cavaliers beat the Warriors -- in your faceee!
- The Suns beat the Celtics -- good because since the Timberwolves started sucking, our only hope now is for Phoenix to rise from the ashes and knock the Warriors out of the playoffs.
- The Grizzlies lost to the Raptors -- had they won they would have been that much closer to the Warriors who have lost two straight
- As I mentioned earlier, the 76ers lost to the Pacers, the Magic lost to the Wizards, the Lakers lost to the Spurs, all bad for us.
- The Pelicans lost to the Trail Blazers in a battle of skinny bigmen who take jumpers
- The Nuggets beat the Heat? I'm not even mad, just surprised.
- The Bobcats beat the Timberwolves.
Movers and Shakers:
- The Jazz/Celtics/Lakers are all still tied at 8.5 games behind the Bucks.
- The Kings are 1.5 games behind that group.
- The Pistons are 2.0 games behind Sacramento. It's going to be fierce going down the stretch.
- Philly has now lost 19 games in a row, or something crazy like that.
- Golden State isn't on shaky ground just yet, even though they are on a losing streak right now.
The Big Board:
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||13||52||20%||0.0||3||7||30%||17||7||5||East 15||1||@ NYK|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||50||23%||2.0||0||10||0%||17||11||5||East 14||2||vs IND||L||vs MEM|
|3||Orlando Magic||19||48||28%||5.0||2||8||20%||15||11||3||East 13||3||vs WAS||L|
|4||Utah Jazz||22||44||33%||8.5||2||8||20%||16||13||4||West 15||4||vs LAC||L|
|5||Boston Celtics||22||44||33%||8.5||3||7||30%||16||11||5||East 12||4||vs PHX||L|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||22||44||33%||8.5||3||7||30%||16||10||5||West 14||4||@ SAS||L|
|7||Sacramento Kings||23||42||35%||10.0||4||6||40%||17||12||4||West 13||7||@ CHI|
|8||Detroit Pistons||25||40||38%||12.0||2||8||20%||17||10||6||East 10||8||vs IND|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||26||40||39%||12.5||4||6||40%||16||11||6||East 11||9||@ GSW||W|
|10||New York Knicks||26||40||39%||12.5||5||5||50%||16||11||7||East 9||10||3*||vs MIL|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||26||39||40%||13.0||3||7||30%||17||9||4||West 12||11||vs POR||L|
|12||Atlanta Hawks||28||35||44%||16.0||3||7||30%||19||11||4||East 8||vs DEN|
|13||Denver Nuggets||29||36||45%||16.0||4||6||40%||17||10||3||West 11||12||4*||@ MIA||W||@ ATL|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||32||34||48%||18.5||6||4||60%||16||12||7||East 7||vs MIN||W|
|15||Minnesota Timberwolves||32||32||50%||19.5||6||4||60%||18||13||6||West 10||13||@ CHA||L|
|16||Brooklyn Nets||33||30||52%||21.0||8||2||80%||19||16||9||East 6||1*||@ WAS|
|17||Phoenix Suns||37||28||57%||24.0||4||6||40%||17||12||6||West 9||14||@ BOS||W|
|18||Memphis Grizzlies||38||27||58%||25.0||6||4||60%||17||13||5||West 8||@ TOR||L||@ PHI|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||39||27||59%||25.5||6||4||60%||16||13||6||West 7|
|20||Golden State Warriors||41||26||61%||27.0||6||4||60%||15||12||7||West 6||2*||vs CLE||L|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st round picks|
LOTS OF GAMES TONIGHT!
- MIL @ NYK -- NY can keep winning here, they are only 3.5 games from the playoffs here, interesting
- MEM @ PHI -- Memphis can continue winning here, and get back at it. They missed an important chance last night to drop it to 1.0 game between them and the Dubs
- SAC @ CHI -- Here we will probably see the Kings lose, and be 0.5 games closer to UTA/LAL/BOS
- IND @ DET -- The Motor city is slowly, and surely getting a higher and higher draft pick
- DEN @ ATL -- These two teams are right next to one another in the W/L column, Denver is playing slightly better, especially with their impressive win over the Heat last night. But it's a second night of a back to back for them. If the Hawks want to make the playoffs they're going to have to outlast the "surging" Knicks
- BKN @ WAS -- The Nets really are surging, are 8-2 in their last 10, but will face a tough Wizards group that features Gandalf and Dumbledore at the 3 and 4 spots. Merlin is injured, but playing through it too.
For our sakes we can't expect the teams ahead of us NOT to lose, and can't expect the Kings or Pistons to win. Only solace will be if Memphis can start winning games.