So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- UTA @ HOU -- It was a loss, which is good. But our team didn't show any fight until the end. And the end was hilarious. (We <3 John Lucas III)
- BOS @ DAL -- Dallas won, which is good, but since Phoenix will never win the games we need them to, from now on any wins of a team chasing the Warriors who beat a team we would like to win is no longer a "good" thing.
- BOS @ DAL -- So now I am mentioning the Boston game here, they are still on our tail
- PHX @ BKN -- Suns lost, so, thanks for nothing Phoenix
- PHI @ IND -- The 76ers are just so 'meh' right now, if they end up with the 1st pick in the draft I will be upset
- LAC @ DEN -- The Nuggets won! Woo!!
- ATL @ CHA -- The Hawks beat the Bobcats -- Paul Millsap for prez!
Movers and Shakers:
- No teams moved up or down last night
- Philly has now lost 21 in a row, and the bleeding doesn't look like it will stop
- Btw, for a normal team last night is the kind of night that gets a coach fired, luckily Tyrone Corbin doesn't have to worry about being employed by a normal team this season, or any team next season
- Phoenix is now 3.5 games behind Golden State. I don't expect them to catch up, and thus, we can forget about the Warriors pick being worth anything
The Big Board:
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||13||54||19%||0.0||2||8||20%||15||5||4||East 15||1||@ POR|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||52||22%||2.0||0||10||0%||15||10||5||East 14||2||@ IND||L|
|3||Orlando Magic||19||48||28%||6.0||2||8||20%||15||11||3||East 13||3||@ DEN|
|4||Utah Jazz||22||46||32%||8.5||1||9||10%||14||13||4||West 15||4||@ HOU||L|
|5||Boston Celtics||22||46||32%||8.5||3||7||30%||14||9||5||East 12||4||@ DAL||L|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||22||44||33%||9.5||3||7||30%||16||10||5||West 14||6|
|7||Sacramento Kings||23||44||34%||10.0||3||7||30%||15||11||4||West 13||7||vs WAS|
|8||Detroit Pistons||25||41||38%||12.5||2||8||20%||16||10||6||East 11||8|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||26||41||39%||13.0||4||6||40%||15||11||6||East 10||9||vs MIA|
|10||New York Knicks||27||40||40%||14.0||6||4||60%||15||10||6||East 9||10||3*|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||27||39||41%||14.5||3||7||30%||16||8||3||West 12||11|
|12||Denver Nuggets||30||37||45%||17.0||5||5||50%||15||9||3||West 11||12||4*||vs LAC||W||vs ORL|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||30||35||46%||18.0||4||6||40%||17||9||4||East 8||@ CHA||W||vs TOR|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||33||35||49%||19.5||6||4||60%||14||10||6||East 7||vs ATL||L|
|15||Minnesota Timberwolves||33||32||51%||21.0||6||4||60%||17||12||5||West 10||13|
|16||Brooklyn Nets||34||31||52%||22.0||8||2||80%||17||15||9||East 6||1*||vs PHX||W|
|17||Phoenix Suns||38||29||57%||25.0||5||5||50%||15||11||6||West 9||14||@ BKN||L|
|18||Memphis Grizzlies||39||27||59%||26.5||7||3||70%||16||12||4||West 8|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||41||27||60%||27.5||6||4||60%||14||12||5||West 8||vs BOS||W|
|20||Golden State Warriors||42||26||62%||28.5||7||3||70%||14||12||7||West 6||2*|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st round picks|
Somehow we have fewer games right now, I guess the NBA schedule guys want to give some people a break now-and-then.
- Bucks @ Trail Blazers -- Yeah, I don't see Portland dropping so many games at home, it's not like Milwaukee is Golden State or anything.
- Magic @ Nuggets -- Orlando is in lose now mode, and the Nuggets just beat the Clippers last night. They must be feeling good.
- Wizards @ Kings -- John Wall and crew are too good to lose to DeMarcus Cousins and the clown patrol. So expect the Kings to be the same number of games behind the Bucks as the Lakers will be, despite playing 2 extra games.
- Heat @ Cavaliers -- Kyrie Irving being dunzo for the season = Cavs being dunzo for the season too.
- Raptors @ Hawks -- ATL won a game against the Bobcats last night, and will face another Eastern Conference playoff team tonight. After how the Hawks beat the Jazz two weeks ago it is hard to imagine they ever losing another game. But I guess most of that was our defense.
Yup, there are only five games tonight, and really, the only one that matters for us is the Kings game. So, go Sacramento! Get that win!