So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||11||47||19%||0.0||2||8||20%||24||14||8||East 15||1||vs BKN||L|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||44||25%||3.5||0||10||0%||23||14||8||East 14||2||vs WIZ||L||@ ORL|
|3||Orlando Magic||18||43||30%||5.5||4||6||40%||21||13||5||East 13||3||@ MIA||L||vs PHI|
|4||Boston Celtics||20||40||33%||8.0||3||7||30%||22||14||6||East 12||4||vs IND||L|
|5||Sacramento Kings||20||39||34%||8.5||3||7||30%||23||16||6||West 15||5||vs MIN||L|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||20||39||34%||8.5||3||7||30%||23||12||5||West 14||6|
|7||New York Knicks||21||38||36%||9.5||2||8||20%||23||16||11||East 11||7||3*||@ CHI|
|8||Utah Jazz||21||37||36%||10.0||5||5||50%||24||17||7||West 13||8||@ IND|
|9||New Orleans Pelicans||23||36||39%||11.5||1||9||10%||23||13||7||West 12||9||@ LAC||L|
|10||Detroit Pistons||23||36||39%||11.5||3||7||30%||23||14||9||East 10||10||@ HOU||L|
|11||Cleveland Cavaliers||24||37||39%||11.5||6||4||60%||21||14||7||East 9||11||@ MEM||L|
|12||Denver Nuggets||25||33||43%||14.0||1||9||10%||24||15||4||West 11||12||4*||@ POR||L|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||26||31||46%||15.5||1||9||10%||25||16||7||East 8||@ PHX|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||27||31||47%||16.0||6||4||60%||24||16||8||East 7||@ OKC|
|15||Brooklyn Nets||28||29||49%||17.5||6||4||60%||25||19||11||East 6||1*||@ MIL||W|
|16||Minnesota Timberwolves||29||29||50%||18.0||5||5||50%||24||18||9||West 10||13||@ SAC||W|
|17||Memphis Grizzlies||33||25||57%||22.0||7||3||70%||24||15||5||West 9||14||vs CLE||W|
|18||Phoenix Suns||34||24||59%||23.0||5||5||50%||24||15||7||West 8||vs ATL|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||36||24||60%||24.0||7||3||70%||22||15||6||West 6||@ SAS|
|20||Golden State Warriors||36||23||61%||24.5||7||3||70%||23||16||8||West 7||2*||@ TOR|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st round picks|
- The Timberwolves beat the Kings, I don't think we're going to catch the Kings so I am more concerned with the Warriors and if they make the playoffs.
- The Grizzlies beat the Cavaliers, ditto. Sure, the Kings are now 1.5 games ahead of us, and the Cavaliers are 1.5 games behind us . . . . but the Warriors are now only, gulp, 6.5 games ahead of the Wolves and 2.5 games ahead of the Grizz. It's unlikely that they'll catch them, but it's more likely than expecting the Jazz to tank.
- Every team ahead of us in the tank rank that played last night (The Bucks, 76ers, Magic, Celtics, and Kings) lost.
- The four teams directly behind us in the tank all lost too (the Pelicans, Pistons, Cavaliers, and Nuggets).
- The The Nets beat the Bucks. Party time.
There are only a few games that matter tonight.
- The 76ers visit the Magic tonight, in a match-up between the #2 and #3 seeds in the tank.
- The Knicks visit the Bulls, and the Jazz visit the Pacers, Utah and New York are only 0.5 games from one another.
- The Warriors will visit the Raptors up in Canada.
- The Mavericks visit the Kings, and hope they win.
- The Suns host the Hawks, and I hope they win too. Tonight could be a night where DAL and PHX gain 1.0 games on GSW if Toronto can win at home.
- The Bobcats visit the Thunder in the "Meh" game of the night.
So all the teams with more losses than us should lose again
- The Pelicans (now right on our butts) are visiting the Clippers and should lose.
- The Pistons visit the Rockets and should also lose too.
- And of course the Cavaliers visit the Grizzlies, and that should also be a loss.
So all the teams right behind us should lose tonight.
- The Nuggets visit the Trail Blazers in a "meh" game.
At the very least if Memphis wins then that helps us out with the (futile?) hope that GSW drops into the lotto.