So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- No one was eaten by dinosaurs.
Bucks @ Warriors -- The Bucks lost, which is good, but not against the Warriors. We still want GSW to lose as much as possible. It just wasn't possible last night.
- Thunder @ Cavaliers -- Cleveland lost, which is not a surprise as they've sit their best player, point guard Kyrie Irving, for the remainder of the season.
- TImberwolves @ Rockets -- The better team won, and Minny is in that mediocrity our team was in for a few years.
Movers and Shakers:
- Nothing happened last night.
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||13||56||19%||0.0||1||9||10%||13||4||4||East 15||1||@ GSW||L|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||53||22%||2.5||0||10||0%||14||10||5||East 14||2||vs NYK|
|3||Orlando Magic||19||50||28%||6.0||2||8||20%||13||9||3||East 13||3|
|4||Utah Jazz||22||47||32%||9.0||1||9||10%||13||12||4||West 15||4|
|5||Los Angeles Lakers||22||45||33%||10.0||3||7||30%||15||10||5||West 14||5||vs WAS|
|6||Boston Celtics||23||46||33%||10.0||3||7||30%||13||9||5||East 12||5||@ BKN|
|7||Sacramento Kings||24||44||35%||11.5||4||6||40%||14||11||4||West 13||7||vs SAS|
|8||Detroit Pistons||25||42||37%||13.0||2||8||20%||15||9||6||East 11||8||@ PHX|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||26||43||38%||13.0||3||7||30%||13||11||6||East 10||9||vs OKC||L|
|10||New Orleans Pelicans||27||40||40%||15.0||4||6||40%||15||8||3||West 12||10||@ ATL|
|11||New York Knicks||28||40||41%||15.5||7||3||70%||14||10||6||East 9||11||3*||@ PHI|
|12||Denver Nuggets||31||37||46%||18.5||6||4||60%||14||8||2||West 11||12||4*||@ DAL|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||31||35||47%||19.5||5||5||50%||16||9||4||East 8||vs NOP|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||33||36||48%||20.0||6||4||60%||13||9||6||East 7|
|15||Minnesota Timberwolves||34||33||51%||22.0||6||4||60%||15||11||5||West 10||13||@ HOU||L|
|16||Brooklyn Nets||35||31||53%||23.5||8||2||80%||16||14||9||East 6||1*||vs BOS|
|17||Phoenix Suns||39||29||57%||26.5||5||5||50%||14||10||5||West 9||14||vs DET|
|18||Dallas Mavericks||41||28||59%||28.0||5||5||50%||13||11||5||West 8||vs DEN|
|19||Memphis Grizzlies||40||27||60%||28.0||8||2||80%||15||11||3||West 7||@ MIA|
|20||Golden State Warriors||44||26||63%||30.5||8||2||80%||12||10||5||West 6||2*||vs MIL||W|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st rnd picks|
Almost everyone is in action tonight!
- NYK @ PHI -- All glory to Phil Jackson, according to some fans.
- WAS @ LAL -- Wizards should handle these jokes easily. Bad for us if Lakers lose.
- BOS @ BKN -- Brooklyn is one of the hottest teams right now, so this is also bad for us if the Celtics lose.
- SAS @ SAC -- Spurs should handle their business, and again, it's bad for us if the Kings lose.
- DET @ PHX -- Pistons suck, and Suns are a .500 team right now. Edge goes to Phoenix though. It would be nice for the Suns to start winning a lot of games, but no pressure, Jeff Hornacek.
- NOP @ ATL -- New Orleans is in a slide and the Hawks have something to play for still. Should be a fun game though.
- DEN @ DAL -- Nuggets have had some surprising wins of late, but Dallas is still gunning for a high playoff seed. It's in our best interest if Dallas wins.
- MEM @ MIA -- Memphis is big, big enough to bang with Miami. They play great defense based on fundamentals. The Heat play great defense based on causing turn overs and counter attacking. There is a significant disparity in star power, but still, should be a hotly contested game.
The four teams directly behind the Jazz can gain 0.5 games to close the gap with losses tonight. We're idle.