So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- UTA @ DEN -- Despite being up 13 and holding the lead until the middle of the 4th quarter, Utah lost to Denver.
- BOS @ CLE -- Boston put the beat down, it was vicious. Kelly Olynyk looked like the guy we saw at the combine in this game.
- MIA @ ATL -- Atlanta beat the Miami Heat? What a country!
- SAC @ LAC -- Sacramento lost to the Los Angeles Clippers, but well, I only care for the purposes of ping pong balls
- MIL @ WAS -- Milwaukee lost to the Washington Wizards, and really, WAS should be in this list now because they are between CHA and BKN in the East standings
- PHI @ CHA -- Big Al keeps rolling
- NOP @ HOU -- The Houston Rockets beat up on a super injured team. Here's your trophy.
- PHX @ DAL -- Dallas won, and well, this is all meh territory now that GSW clinched two nights ago.
Movers and Shakers:
- Dallas clinched the playoffs
- Atlanta clinched the playoffs
- So it's GSW, DAL, BKN, CHA, and ATL all in so far from this list
- Boston won, and Utah lost, so there is now some space there
Because Boston won, and LA was idle, they are now once again tied for #5
- Atlanta is playing like a king-killer right now
HBO TV reference
|Record||Last 10||Games vs||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||15||65||19%||0.0||2||8||20%||2||0||0||1||East 15||1||@ WAS||L|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||17||63||21%||2.0||2||8||20%||2||1||1||1||East 14||2||@ CHA||L|
|3||Orlando Magic *4||23||56||29%||8.5||4||6||40%||3||0||0||1||East 13||3||@ BKN|
|4||Utah Jazz *2||24||56||30%||9.0||1||9||10%||2||0||1||2||West 15||4||@ DEN||L|
|5||Boston Celtics *7||25||55||32%||10.0||2||8||20%||1||1||1||1||East 12||5||@ CLE||W|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||25||54||32%||10.5||2||8||20%||3||1||1||2||West 14||6||vs MEM|
|7||Sacramento Kings||27||53||34%||12.0||2||8||20%||2||0||0||2||West 13||7||@ LAC||L||vs MIN|
|8||Detroit Pistons||29||51||36%||14.0||3||7||30%||2||0||0||0||East 11||8||vs TOR|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||32||49||40%||16.5||5||5||50%||1||0||0||1||East 10||9||vs BOS||L|
|10||New Orleans Pelicans *5||32||48||40%||17.0||2||8||20%||2||0||0||0||West 11||10||@ HOU||L|
|11||New York Knicks *3||34||45||43%||19.5||5||5||50%||3||0||0||1||East 9||11||vs CHI|
|12||Denver Nuggets *3,4||36||44||45%||21.0||4||6||40%||2||0||0||1||West 12||12||vs UTA||W|
|13||x||Atlanta Hawks *1, 7||37||43||46%||22.0||6||4||60%||2||1||1||2||East 8||vs MIA||W|
|14||Minnesota Timberwolves||40||39||51%||25.5||6||4||60%||3||1||2||3||West 10||13||@ SAC|
|15||x||Charlotte Bobcats *6||41||39||51%||26.0||7||3||70%||2||0||0||1||East 7||vs PHI||W|
|16||x||Brooklyn Nets *1, 7||43||36||54%||28.5||6||4||60%||3||1||3||3||East 5|
|17||Phoenix Suns||47||33||59%||32.0||6||4||60%||2||0||1||2||West 9||14||@ DAL||L|
|18||Memphis Grizzlies||47||32||59%||32.5||6||4||60%||3||0||1||3||West 8|
|19||x||Dallas Mavericks||49||32||60%||33.5||7||3||70%||1||0||0||1||West 7||vs PHX||W|
|20||x||Golden State Warriors *2||49||30||62%||34.5||6||4||60%||3||0||0||2||West 6||@ POR|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st rnd picks|
|5* - NOP owes PHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 5 prot)|
|6* - CHA owes CHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 10 prot)|
|7* - Worst of ATL/BKN owes BOS their 1st round pick|
|x - Clinched Playoffs|
Some not-so-compelling basketball tonight.
- ORL @ BKN -- Wouldn't it be nice to see Brooklyn lose tonight?
- MEM @ LAL -- C'Mon Memphis, lose tonight for Jerry West's sake, huh?
- MIN @ SAC -- Two bad teams going nowhere.
- TOR @ DET -- They could have taken a bus down, these metropolises are so close together.
- CHI @ NYK -- New York is out, so this is insult to injury.
- GSW @ POR -- Let's go Damian Lillard!