So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- LAL @ UTA -- The Lakers won, thanks to Nick Young and his 41 points. This is great news, if LA lost we'd be tied, but now they are 2.0 games back with 1 game remaining. They can't catch us.
- (Not listed, but Wizards won last night, meaning Miami lost, and the Miami lost means Indiana is #1 in the East, meaning that Indiana doesn't have to play their best players in their last game, which is a game against Orlando, whom we are chasing)
- BOS @ PHI -- Philly won, and Boston lost. And that sucks, but hey, we're still ahead of them.
- ORL @ CHI -- Chicago won, so Orlando is still ahead of Utah by a game
- CHA @ ATL -- Charlotte won, meaning that Washington is going to have to try to win their last game, which is against Boston, meaning Boston will most likely get another loss, meaning we HAVE to lose also to avoid them.
- MEM @ PHX -- Memphis won, meaning Phoenix is out, and no playoffs for rookie head coach Jeff Hornacek. Memphis did clinch the last playoff spot, so hooray for them.
- MIN @ GSW -- The Dubs won going away, and have 50 wins this year. Boo!
- MIL @ TOR -- Milwaukee lost their 66th game of the season and clinched the worst record
- OKC @ NOP -- New Orleans beat the Thunder? What? This never would have happened to the Super Sonics.
Movers and Shakers:
- Memphis wins the last playoff spot in the West
- Phoenix is going to be #14 in the Lotto, most likely
- Boston and Los Angeles flipped again
- Charlotte is the hottest team out of these 20 right now
- Most of these standings are locked in now
- The only races are between the Bobcats and Wizards in the East, and the Grizzlies and Mavericks in the West.
|Record||Last 10||Games vs||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||15||66||19%||0.0||2||8||20%||1||0||0||1||East 15||1||@ TOR||L|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||18||63||22%||3.0||3||7||30%||1||0||0||0||East 14||2||vs BOS||W|
|3||Orlando Magic *4||23||58||28%||8.0||4||6||40%||1||0||0||0||East 13||3||@ CHI||L|
|4||Utah Jazz *2||24||57||30%||9.0||1||9||10%||1||0||0||1||West 15||4||vs LAL||L|
|5||Boston Celtics *7||25||56||31%||10.0||2||8||20%||1||0||0||0||East 12||5||@ PHI||L|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||26||55||32%||11.0||2||8||20%||1||0||0||0||West 14||5||@ UTA||W|
|7||Sacramento Kings||28||53||35%||13.0||3||7||30%||1||0||0||1||West 13||7|
|8||Detroit Pistons||29||52||36%||14.0||3||7||30%||1||0||0||0||East 11||8|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||32||49||40%||17.0||5||5||50%||1||0||0||1||East 10||9|
|10||New Orleans Pelicans *5||33||48||41%||18.0||2||8||20%||1||0||0||0||West 11||10||vs OKC||W|
|11||New York Knicks *3||35||45||44%||20.5||6||4||60%||2||0||0||1||East 9||11||@ BKN|
|12||Denver Nuggets *3,4||36||44||45%||21.5||4||6||40%||2||0||0||1||West 12||12||@ LAC|
|13||x||Atlanta Hawks *1, 7||37||44||46%||22.0||6||4||60%||1||1||1||1||East 8||vs CHA||L|
|14||Minnesota Timberwolves||40||41||49%||25.0||4||6||40%||1||1||1||1||West 10||13||@ GSW||L|
|15||x||Charlotte Bobcats *6||42||39||52%||27.0||8||2||80%||1||0||0||0||East 7||@ ATL||W|
|16||x||Brooklyn Nets *1, 7||44||36||55%||29.5||7||3||70%||2||0||2||2||East 5||vs NYK|
|17||Phoenix Suns||47||34||58%||32.0||5||5||50%||1||0||1||1||West 9||14||vs MEM||L|
|18||x||Memphis Grizzlies||49||32||60%||34.0||6||4||60%||1||0||0||1||West 8||@ PHX||W|
|19||x||Dallas Mavericks||49||32||60%||34.0||7||3||70%||1||0||0||1||West 7|
|20||x||Golden State Warriors *2||50||31||62%||35.0||6||4||60%||1||0||0||1||West 6||vs MIN||W|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st rnd picks|
|5* - NOP owes PHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 5 prot)|
|6* - CHA owes CHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 10 prot)|
|7* - Worst of ATL/BKN owes BOS their 1st round pick|
|x - Clinched Playoffs|
Two games tonight, but not that important
- NYK @ BKN -- Bragging rights here between a team going to the playoffs, and another one that's not
- DEN @ LAC -- Why is this on the schedule? Oh I know, because otherwise they would have put a Lakers game here instead.
Wow, only 2 more of these to go and the season is over.