So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- UTA @ GSW -- Utah got absolutely destroyed, and should give the front office something to think about
- DEN @ HOU -- We aren't following any of these two races, but Denver beat Houston. Crazytown.
- ATL @ IND -- Atlanta beat Indiana. This is Crazytown for the Eastern Conference.
- OKC @ PHX -- Phoenix beat the Thunder. Amazing.
- LAL @ LAC -- LA beat LA. Uh, I mean, the Clippers won. So this is bad, as there is virtually zero separation between the Lakers and the Jazz when you factor in that we're going to beat them at home, on fan appreciation night -- and drop us from a 35% chance of a top five pick down to a 21% chance -- for the sake of pride.
- DAL @ SAC -- Dallas won, which is usually something we like, but right now we're more worried about Sacramento making some noise and screwing us up for ping pong balls.
- NOP @ POR -- New Orleans lost, which is pretty "meh" all around.
- NYK @ MIA -- This is pretty much it for New York this season. It's going to be hard to catch Atlanta now. It's a sad swan song when J.R. Smith jacks up 22 threes in a game.
Movers and Shakers:
- No one new made the playoffs
- No one new was eliminated
- No one really switched spots, except:
- Memphis is now 9th in the west, and Phoenix is now 8th (they were previously tied)
- Phoenix has won 8 of their last 10, and are routinely beating really good teams to do it, Jeff Hornacek is going to be Coach of the Year. (It's going to hurt.)
|Record||Last 10||Games vs||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||14||63||18%||0.0||1||9||10%||5||0||1||2||East 15||1|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||17||60||22%||3.0||2||8||20%||5||1||1||3||East 14||2|
|3||Orlando Magic *4||22||55||29%||8.0||3||7||30%||5||0||0||2||East 13||3|
|4||Boston Celtics *7||23||54||30%||9.0||1||9||10%||5||1||2||4||East 12||4|
|5||Utah Jazz *2||24||53||31%||10.0||2||8||20%||5||0||1||4||West 15||5||@ GSW||L|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||25||52||32%||11.0||3||7||30%||5||1||1||3||West 14||6||@ LAC||L|
|7||Sacramento Kings||27||50||35%||13.0||4||6||40%||5||0||0||2||West 13||7||vs DAL||L|
|8||Detroit Pistons||28||49||36%||14.0||3||7||30%||5||0||1||2||East 11||8|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||31||47||40%||16.5||5||5||50%||4||2||3||4||East 10||9|
|10||New Orleans Pelicans *5||32||45||42%||18.0||5||5||50%||5||0||0||1||West 11||10||@ POR||L|
|11||New York Knicks *3||33||45||42%||18.5||5||5||50%||4||0||0||1||East 9||11||@ MIA||L|
|12||Denver Nuggets *3,4||33||44||43%||19.0||3||7||30%||5||1||1||3||West 12||12||@ HOU||W|
|13||Atlanta Hawks *1, 7||34||42||45%||20.5||3||7||30%||6||2||3||5||East 8||@ IND||W|
|14||Minnesota Timberwolves||38||38||50%||24.5||4||6||40%||6||1||2||3||West 10||13|
|15||x||Charlotte Bobcats *6||39||38||51%||25.0||6||4||60%||5||2||2||3||East 7|
|16||x||Brooklyn Nets *1, 7||42||34||55%||28.5||7||3||70%||6||2||4||5||East 6|
|17||Memphis Grizzlies||45||32||58%||31.0||5||5||50%||5||1||2||4||West 9||14||@ SAS||L|
|18||Phoenix Suns||46||31||60%||32.0||8||2||80%||5||0||1||4||West 8||vs OKC||W|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||47||31||60%||32.5||6||4||60%||4||1||1||3||West 7||@ SAC||W|
|20||Golden State Warriors *2||48||29||62%||34.0||7||3||70%||5||0||1||4||West 6||vs UTA||W|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st rnd picks|
|5* - NOP owes PHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 5 prot)|
|6* - CHA owes CHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 10 prot)|
|7* - Worst of ATL/BKN owes BOS their 1st round pick|
|x - Clinched Playoffs|
NCAA championship game tonight. So no NBA games.
- No games.