So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- DAL @ UTA -- Dallas won, and Utah lost. Simple.
- HOU @ LAL -- Rockets won, beating the Lakers, who are still on our tail
- OKC @ SAC -- Thunder won, and Sacramento is "right there" too, but still likely to finish 13th in the West
- DET @ ATL -- Detroit won a road game, and beat Atlanta
- SAS @ MIN -- Minny beat the Spurs? What?
- BKN @ MIA -- Brooklyn beat the Heat by blocking a LeBron James buzzer beating dunk attempt. The guy who blocked the dunk? Plumlee. What??
Movers and Shakers:
- No one changed spots last night, and I think it's obvious that the first two are locks at this point.
- There are 2.5 games between ORL and LAL, so teams 3 through 6 are in flux.
|Record||Last 10||Games vs||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||14||63||18%||0.0||1||9||10%||5||0||1||2||East 15||1||vs IND|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||17||60||22%||3.0||2||8||20%||5||1||1||3||East 14||2||@ TOR|
|3||Orlando Magic *4||22||55||29%||8.0||3||7||30%||5||0||0||2||East 13||3||vs BKN|
|4||Boston Celtics *7||23||54||30%||9.0||1||9||10%||5||1||2||4||East 12||4||@ ATL|
|5||Utah Jazz *2||24||54||31%||9.5||2||8||20%||4||0||1||3||West 15||5||vs DAL||L|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||25||53||32%||10.5||3||7||30%||4||1||1||3||West 14||6||vs HOU||L|
|7||Sacramento Kings||27||51||35%||12.5||3||7||30%||4||0||0||2||West 13||7||vs OKC||L||@ POR|
|8||Detroit Pistons||29||49||37%||14.5||4||6||40%||4||0||1||1||East 11||8||@ ATL||W||@ CLE|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||31||47||40%||16.5||5||5||50%||4||2||3||4||East 10||9||vs DET|
|10||New Orleans Pelicans *5||32||45||42%||18.0||5||5||50%||5||0||0||1||West 11||10||vs PHX|
|11||New York Knicks *3||33||45||42%||18.5||5||5||50%||4||0||0||1||East 9||11|
|12||Denver Nuggets *3,4||33||44||43%||19.0||3||7||30%||5||1||1||3||West 12||12||vs HOU|
|13||Atlanta Hawks *1, 7||34||43||44%||20.0||3||7||30%||5||2||2||4||East 8||vs DET||L||vs BOS|
|14||Minnesota Timberwolves||39||38||51%||25.0||5||5||50%||5||1||2||3||West 10||13||vs SAS||W||vs CHI|
|15||x||Charlotte Bobcats *6||39||38||51%||25.0||6||4||60%||5||2||2||3||East 7||@ WAS|
|16||x||Brooklyn Nets *1, 7||43||34||56%||29.0||7||3||70%||5||2||4||5||East 6||@ MIA||W||@ ORL|
|17||Memphis Grizzlies||45||32||58%||31.0||5||5||50%||5||1||2||4||West 9||14||vs MIA|
|18||Phoenix Suns||46||31||60%||32.0||8||2||80%||5||0||1||4||West 8||@ NOP|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||48||31||61%||33.0||7||3||70%||3||0||0||2||West 7||@ UTA||W|
|20||Golden State Warriors *2||48||29||62%||34.0||7||3||70%||5||0||1||4||West 6|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st rnd picks|
|5* - NOP owes PHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 5 prot)|
|6* - CHA owes CHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 10 prot)|
|7* - Worst of ATL/BKN owes BOS their 1st round pick|
|x - Clinched Playoffs|
Lots of teams in action tonight.
- IND @ MIL -- I don't know who is going to win this game, which indicates how the Pacers are playing right now
- PHI @ TOR -- This should be a feast for the Raptors
- BKN @ ORL -- It's likely that the Nets will win this game as well, even if they played last night in Miami
- BOS @ ATL -- Remember when these two teams faced each other in the playoffs? Bird and Nique?
- SAC @ POR -- Trail Blazers are not going to give the Jazz any help here, they'll win
- DET @ CLE -- Winner gets Toledo, OH (a war was fought over it many years ago)
- PHX @ NOP -- With how these two teams are going, I will be surprised if Phoenix loses
- HOU @ DEN -- Rockets should win
- CHI @ MIN -- If Minny can beat the Spurs they surely can handle the Bulls right?
- CHA @ WAS -- Big game between two East playoff teams
- MIA @ MEM -- A tough test for the 9th seed in the Western Conference