The Sacramento Kings finished the season 28-54, the seventh worst record in the league. As a direct result, they have the seventh most ping-pong balls for today's NBA Draft lottery. In order to get a little more information on the Kings we're going to Jam with SactownRoyalty.com editor Akis Yerocostas (@Aykis16)!
Sactown has a 4.3% shot at the top pick, so let's get Jammin'!
1. My team is only in the lottery this year because of __________, ________ , and __________ .
Akis: My team is only in the lottery this year because of years of poor signings, trades and general Maloofery.
2. If we were drafting based on need, the top player on our draft board would be _________ .
Akis: If we were drafting based on need, the top player on our draft board would be Joel Embiid.
3. Historically the lotto has been _____ to my franchise.
Akis: Historically the lotto has been (insert curse word of choice here) to my franchise.
4. Our team deserves a Top 3 pick because __________ .
Akis: Our team deserves a Top 3 pick because we haven't had one since the early 90's despite many trips to the lottery.
5. Our team deserves the #1 pick because ___________ .
Akis: Our team deserves the #1 pick because the city of Sacramento went above and beyond to prevent a relocation to Seattle.
Thanks Akis, and best of luck to your Sacramento Kings!