Gary A. Vasquez-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
NBA Preseason 2012-2013, Game 5:
Utah Jazz (3-1) @ Los Angeles Clippers (1-2)
Hey, we're finally playing a mostly healthy team for once!
Clippers Injuries --
- Chauncey Billups (PG, Starter), OUT -- Thrillups has a torn achilles tendon that he's still recovering from, and has not played in any games so far.
- Trey Thompkins (PF), Meh -- He has a bone bruise in his left knee, and did not play last game. With all the forwards ahead of him on the depth chart (Blake Griffin, Lamar Odom, Ronny Turiaf, etc) it's almost not worth bothering about.
Jazz Injuries --
- Earl Watson (PG), OUT -- Earl is still rehabbing his surgically repaired right knee meniscus. He is on schedule, and he's starting to get out on the court more for non-contact drills.
- Mo Williams (PG, Starter), Game Time Decision -- Mo strained his right adductor and while it is not serious, he was kept out of last night's game against the Lakers. No word yet on if he'll be playing.
- Derrick Favors (PF, 6th Man), Game Time Decision -- Derrick had a knee on knee collision with some possible Hep C carrier on the Lakers last night. He played through it but those injuries hurt more the next day. No word yet on if he'll be playing either.
- Raja Bell (SG), Not with Team -- Raja is not with the team, which is fine with everyone. I bet he probably checks his email like 50 times a day right now.
The Clippers are, for all intents and purposes, healthy. If Chanuncy was good to go they probably would be resting him anyway. The Jazz, with two question marks on players who should be starting, have a level of uncertainty around them. And that uncertainty is a disadvantage. Mo had the night off last night, and if this was a playoff game or something you'd see him out there. Same with Derrick. It's the preseason. And we're 3-1. And we play the Clips again in Utah after a 2 night rest. I'm not expecting either of them tonight, and that gives the Clippers and advantage.