NBA Regular Season 2012-2013, Game 1
Dallas Mavericks 94 @ Utah Jazz 113
- Jazz starters came to play, all of them had double digit points, two with 20+ points, two with double doubles
- Dallas, missing two starters, tried hard, but did not have the offensive firepower as Elton Brand went 2-8, and Shawn Marion went 2-7 in the starting lineup.
- The shot distribution is going to be something to watch this season for sure. It's not the old "Al The Conqueror" ball anymore, and I was just beginning to sell myself on that.
- Mo Williams had 21 points, 6 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 2 rebounds, went 2/4 from downtown, and 5/5 from the line
- Marvin Williams also had 21 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, steal, and block, while going 2/3 from downtown, and 5/5 from the line
- Al Jefferson had a 12 / 14 double double, with 3 steals and 2 blocks -- and KEEP IN MIND HE PLAYED LESS THAN 30 MINS
- Paul Millsap had a 13 / 15 double double, with 3 assists, and 1 steal
Gordon Hayward rounded out the starers with 11 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and he went 3/5 from the line.
- Our starters picked up 23 FTA. That is such an improvement from last season. The bench also got to the line, in total, we went to the line 42 times. That's Lakers level; and we made 73.8 ft%
- Offensively there wasn't much to complain about, 20 offensive boards, 42 FTA, shot 42.9% from three, had 24 assists, and only 14 turn overs. And yeah, scoring 113 points makes a lot of things go over well.
- Special shot out Randy Foye who sucked in the first half, but finished the game with 13 points, off of 4/9 shooting, going 2/4 from deep, and 3/3 from the line. He also had 3 assists and 3 rebounds. A solid over all game in 22 minutes of action. I'm glad we've figured out he's not a PG anymore. Defensively, he's a work in progress, except for the fact that he's 29 years old.
- Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors had 17 rebounds and 12 points off the bench, in addition to 6 fouls, 7 turn overs, and 3 blocks. Bruising ball, but far from perfect.
- DeMarre Carroll was full of hustle if not polish, and Jamaal Tinsley kept our offense going when Mo was on the bench.
- Kevin Murphy scored his first basket of his career, off of an Alec Burks assist, caused by a Jeremy Evans deflection.
- For the Mavs, their bench did a lot as usual (40 points!), but as a team could not handle the 37-13 third quarter from the Jazz
- Great team win. Need to build on this. Good start to the season. Back to Back set @NOR and @SAS will be a test, followed shortly by @MEM (those three road games in 4 nights)