I just wrote about Tyrone Corbin, and I feel like it is okay to:
- recognize that some of the team success is because of him
- recognize that some of the team struggles are also because of him
- identify some areas where he can improve
- rationally make positive and negative points in relation to his performance,
- and lastly, recognize that the expectations for him will increase over time.
I hope no one got it wrong and felt like I think it's okay to bad mouth him, or suggest we fire him. The numbers say he's no longer 'green', and a big boy now. And we can treat him as such. It's way too early - and it is premature - to suggest we get rid of him. This season is big for all of the Utah Jazz - Ty included. But we need to see this entire season out FIRST before we make any big changes to our team. This is my ultimate belief.
And I don't want to trade any of our players now, or at the dead line. And I don't want to fire any of our staff, not now, and hopefully never.
Another 82 games and Ty'll be between Nissalke and Van Breda Kolff. Maybe after another year we can smartly evaluate what we have with Ty. We can't ask for his head now. And I will not condone assaults at him which essentially DO ask for it. (That said, you can yell all you want, we're all fans here)
I guess this is my "leave Tyrone Corbin alone" post of the preseason.