This comes via @lockedonsports,
I emailed Mathletics. Asked what his numbers say is wrong with the Jazz. Here is his answer - Is it what you expected?
Here's what the guy behind mathletics has to say (click through for more),
- AK 47 and Millsap have been fantastic, especially on defense.
- Boozer, Brewer and Price have killed Jazz on defense.
- Williams has keyed offense
- Fesenko has played great and deserves more minutes. When he is in Jazz play 16 points better than average. [his emphasis]
- In their limited time Maynor and Koufos have killed Jazz. The team plays 30 points (per 48 minutes) worse than average when either is in.
Like clarkpojo IMd me, we've been saying most of this on SLC Dunk for a while. 82games.com backs up what he says as well,
First, I know Maynor hadn't been doing well, but that is amazing. No wonder Deron wanted to play last night despite the calf and the bad back.
And here's what they have for best floor units
Top Five-Man Floor Units
That's not a good sign when that starting unit is -11. Maybe start Millsap given that that lineup seems to work and then bring in Boozer for Millsap or Okur? Those lineups work as well.