NBA Regular Season 2012-2013, Game 12:
Houston Rockets (4-6) @ Utah Jazz (5-6)
#HOUatUTA Game Stream -- The Dream Shake (SB Nation Blog) -- Rockets vs Jazz coverage
Player Focus: Paul Millsap
Paul is our best player, and he's shown us so much over the last few games. Against Philly he was driving and creating for other guys. Against Toronto he was hitting threes. Against Boston he was playing D. He really has done it all; except play well on offense at the three. At the three is where we'd love to give him more time at, though. Tonight is going to be a challenge because he's not facing Paul Pierce / Jeff Green types; but instead, Chandler Parsons / Daequan Cook types. Of course, if the Rockets elect to match our size and play Marcus Morris at the three this may play right into our hands.
Because Millsap eats up the Rockets. Here's a list of his last few games:
- 21 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 1 block
- 22 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 assist, 6 FTA
- 35 points, 10 rebounds, 2 threes, 4 assists, 12 FTA, 1 steal, 3 blocks
- 20 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 6 FTA
- 27 points, 10 points, 5 FTA, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
- 13 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, 4 blocks
- 18 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 80 fg%, 2 blocks
- 20 points, 12 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 6 FTA
When was the last time Millsap didn't kill the Rockets? It was November of 2009, when he only took 2 shots, and played 24 mins and still ended up with 5 rebounds and 3 blocks. For his career Sap is averaging 13.2 ppg and 7.1 rpg, while shooting 55.5 fg%, and hitting 33.3 3pt%. He's doing okay against Houston. And if he's going out to avenge his poor shooting night in D.C., then well, Houston, you have a problem.