Game 43: Minnesota Timberwolves (22-21, 10-9 on the road) @ Utah Jazz (20-22, 15-6 at home)
Tonight the Jazz play against the T-Wolves for the third and last time this season, having split our meetings so far. This is the second night of a back to back, and the third game in four nights for the Jazz. It's also the 5th game in 7 nights, but whatever, I just expect the cumulative strain of playing so much to be killing our team. We even have rookies who have played so much that they just can't possibly even get into games anymore.
This is an important game for the Jazz. We didn't trade anyone. We didn't get older. We didn't get younger. While we haven't clarified if we're going to develop youth or swing for the fences I still think this team is saying "playoffs, or bust." I guess making the playoffs greatly increases the trade value of these guys. I don't know. I don't work in the NBA or sit courtside. I'm no insider -- like Diana who gets exclusive interviews with our players.
Okay, Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic are big boys. It's going to be a fun inside battle. I didn't expect the Phoenix Suns to thrash us with their big duo of Chandler Bing and Marcin Gortat, but they did. I can only imagine how we could get manhandled tonight.
- Earl Watson (Uta) is out with a sprained left ankle
- Raja Bell (Uta) is a GTD due to his Adductor strain
- Josh Howard (Uta) has a sore right Achilles, but should play
- Ricky Rubio (Min) is out for the rest of the season with a torn ligament in his left knee
- Get well soon Ricky!
- At halftime Michael Beasley and Josh Howard may stumble into the wrong locker room
- Timberwolves vs Jazz coverage
- Timberwolves vs Jazz preview
- Canis Hoopus