DN Jamaal Tinsley is playing quite well lately. He impressed me by a) doing his job when he gets the call, and b) not making a stink about irregular playing time. I wrote about that a bit more specifically here, but let's talk about the now. In the last six games he's had:
- 6 points, 10 assists, 1 steal
- 11 points, 8 assists (1 turn over), and 3 rebounds
- 6 points, 5 assists (2 turn overs), and 1 rebound
- 13 points, 2 assists, and 2 rebounds
- 2 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal
- 11 points, 3 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal
- 6 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks
So that's an average of 7.9 ppg (45.6 fg%), 5.4 apg, 1.6 rpg, 0.4 spg, and 0.3 bpg in the last seven games he's played. Oh, and we've had 6 wins in the last 7 games. So, it's nice to have a guy showing up and filling in the void that losing Earl Watson would have, if no one stepped up. Jamaal has.
And he continues to do crazy things all season long.
Via the NBA, via Dime Magazine, via Ananth Pandian
I guess we just add this to his list of moves this year: his fake behind the back pass, layup vs LAC; his halfcourt alley-oop pass to Jeremy Evans vs LAC; his crazy pass to a cutting Big Al vs. GSW; and his between the legs move and jumper vs MEM.