Quite a few Western Conference games last night, but not much change in the playoff seeding. Houston and Denver swapped spots again, and the Suns fell back to .500. The Jazz now have a 2 game lead on the Suns and a half game on the Rockets. It looks like the Warriors gave the Lakers a run, but I have a feeling the Lakers were never really in jeopardy.
Because of all this talk about standings, I wanted to point out the article on True Hoop yesterday about tanking. If you haven't had the chance, I highly recommend you check it out. Henry Abbott makes some fantastic points about how it has become a legitimate strategy and absolutely destroys some of the worst front offices in the league.
Playoff standings and WYWS, after the Jump
|Western Conference - While You Were Sleeping|
|1||Oklahoma City Thunder||@POR||W||38||12||76.0%||--|
|2||San Antonio Spurs||@PHX||W||34||14||70.8%||3|
|3||Los Angeles Lakers||@GSW||W||31||19||62.0%||7|
|4||Los Angeles Clippers||28||21||57.1%||9.5|
|12||Portland Trail Blazers||OKC||L||23||27||46.0%||15|
|13||Golden State Warriors||LAL||L||20||28||41.7%||17|
|15||New Orleans Hornets||12||37||24.5%||25.5|
While you were sleeping:
The Good News!
- Spurs 107 - Suns 100: A little cushion from the bottom.
The 'Meh' !
- Rockets 81 - Mavericks 90: It would have been nice to close the gap with Dallas, but this is ok.
Tonight's Important Games:
- Jazz @ Celtics: I think we all know how this one goes.
- Suns @ Clippers: Dear Steve Nash, could use some help here. Signed, Jazz fans
- Hornets @ Warriors: Dubs with the rare back to back home games.