The Nuggets may turn out to be the Jazz best friend, when all is said and done. Last night they went to Houston and picked up a big win, much like the Jazz did. In contrast, the Rockets outlook is bleak, to say the least. I'll update each team's remaining schedules at the end of the post.
How about them Jazz? What a crazy, crappy, scrappy, confusing, amazing game last night. They played their guts out and got a much needed win. Lets hope that this isn't followed up by the usual post- OT game losing streak. Good news is they have some rest before the next game, in Portland. Also, this wasn't a win against the reigning champs. You can't call them that when several very important pieces to the championship team are gone. Finally, this was the single worst officiated game I have seen all year. For both teams. Some absolutely horrible and inexplicable calls last night.
The Standings, WYWS, and remaining schedules after the jump.
|Western Conference - While You Were Sleeping|
|1||x||San Antonio Spurs||@GSW||W||43||16||72.9%||--|
|1||x||Oklahoma City Thunder||@LAC||L||44||17||72.1%||--|
|3||x||Los Angeles Lakers||39||22||63.9%||5|
|4||x||Los Angeles Clippers||OKC||W||38||23||62.3%||6|
|11||o||Portland Trail Blazers||@PHX||L||28||34||45.2%||16.5|
|13||o||Golden State Warriors||SAS||L||22||38||36.7%||21.5|
|15||o||New Orleans Hornets||@CHA||W||19||42||31.1%||25|
While you were sleeping:
The "Streamers Good":
- Nuggets 105 - Rockets 102: Rockets drop out of the playoff bracket and the Nuggets move ahead of the Mavs
- Mavericks 121 - Jazz 123: Jazz are now a half game out of the 8th spot and 2 games out of 6th place
The "Crazy Bad":
- Trailblazers 107 - Suns 125: Pretty much what was expected
- Spurs 120 - Warriors 99: Well played Mark Jackson. Who will the Warriors "shut down" next? Klay Thompson?
Tonight's Important Games:
- Nothing that would affect the Jazz and #PlayoffPush