NBA Regular Season 2012-2013, Game 48:
Utah Jazz (26-21) @ Portland Trail Blazers (23-23)
Really? These guys again?
Yeah, not much has changed from last game in terms of what to expect from these two teams -- so you can read it again. We played each other last night and we won 86-77, and you can read all about it here. Between THEN and now we have learned a few things:
- Sasha Pavlovic (POR) is out indefinitely with plantar fasciitis in his left foot
- Ronnie Price (POR) is out, as he got hurt last night (looked like an ankle)
- Wesley Matthews (POR) is a game time decision
- Elliot Williams (POR) was already out with surgery recovery for his left Achilles
- Earl Watson (UTA) is out, with a bone bruise and stress fracture (right leg)
- Gordon Hayward (UTA) is out with a shoulder injury
- Mo Williams (UTA) is out because his wife just had a baby, and he's injured
Oh, and Damian Lillard played played 42 minutes last night and Randy Foye missed 8 of his 11 threes. If you like guard play then tonight may not be your night, unless you are a huge Nolan Smith fan. I expect Lillard to still be good, but the game is going to be even more slow, and grind-it-out. I think that favors our guys. At this part of the season fatigue should be an issue, but not for the Jazz who already had a 'longer than All-Star Break' break a few nights ago.
Al Jefferson needs to win round two against LaMarcus Aldridge. I expect Nicolas Batum to have a bounce back game. Tonight is going to be harder, we're only 26-55 on the road against Portland; however, we've won 5 straight against Portland, including two on their floor last year.
Should be a fun game.