NBA.com's John Schuhmann released the details from the 2014-2015 NBA General Manager's survey! Be Excited! Now, I don't know which intern of which front office filled out each survey, but we are led to believe that this is how GM's actually think. (By the way, for those of you keeping score at home, it's the GMs of some teams who give bad players great contracts who are to blame for the last two lock outs. Not the players.) So these geniuses were at it again, and among the most obvious answers (like how LeBron James causes opposing coaches to make the most adjustments...), there were some reasonable questions and reasonable answers as well!
- Rudy Gobert is mentioned as a player most likely to have a breakout season in 2014-15, but wasn't among the Top 5 vote getters
- Rudy is also 3rd in the breakout international player voting, with 11.1%
- Dante Exum is mentioned as a player most likely to be the best of his rookie draft class five seasons from now; but wasn't among the Top 3 vote getters.
- Fellow Rookie, Rodney Hood, is agreed upon as the Top Steal of this year's draft, getting 17.9% of the vote
- Jeremy Evans gets recognized as one of the most athletic players in the league, but was not among the Top 4 vote getters
- Gordon Hayward is among the best players who move without the ball, but not in the Top 3, so I don't know how many people voted for him. (Former Jazzman Kyle Korver is #1)
- and the Utah Jazz were recognized for having a great home court advantage, but were not in the Top 3, so again, we don't know how many GMs voted for Utah.
Check out the whole survey response here, and behold we are moving into the Age of Gobert.
Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, etc