N.B. Sorry this is late. Instead of getting into fights with people I decided to look at the comments and add more of the information that you loyal SLC Dunk readers wanted in this. As a result I had to look at more data, and update my form. Anyway, we're good now.
So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||11||45||20%||0.0||3||7||30%||26||15||8||East 15||1||@ IND|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||43||26%||3.0||0||10||0%||24||14||8||East 14||2||vs ORL||L|
|3||Orlando Magic||18||42||30%||5.0||5||5||50%||22||13||5||East 13||3||@ PHI||W|
|4||Los Angeles Lakers||19||39||33%||7.0||3||7||30%||24||13||6||West 15||4||@ MEM||L|
|5||Boston Celtics||20||39||34%||7.5||4||6||40%||23||14||6||East 12||5||vs ATL||W|
|6||Sacramento Kings||20||37||35%||8.5||5||5||50%||25||17||7||West 14||6|
|7||Utah Jazz||21||36||37%||9.5||5||5||50%||25||18||8||West 13||7||vs PHX||W|
|8||New York Knicks||21||36||37%||9.5||2||8||20%||25||17||11||East 11||8||3*||@ MIA|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||23||36||39%||10.5||7||3||70%||23||16||8||East 10||9||@ OKC||W|
|10||Detroit Pistons||23||35||40%||11.0||4||6||40%||24||14||9||East 9||10||@ SAS||L|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||23||34||40%||11.5||3||7||30%||25||14||7||West 12||11||@ DAL||L|
|12||Denver Nuggets||25||31||45%||14.0||2||8||20%||26||16||4||West 11||12||4*||vs BKN|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||26||31||46%||14.5||1||9||10%||25||16||7||East 8||@ BOS||L|
|14||Brooklyn Nets||26||29||47%||15.5||6||4||60%||27||21||12||East 7||1*||@ POR||L||@ DEN|
|15||Charlotte Bobcats||27||30||47%||15.5||7||3||70%||25||16||8||East 6|
|16||Minnesota Timberwolves||28||29||49%||16.5||5||5||50%||25||18||9||West 10||13|
|17||Memphis Grizzlies||32||24||57%||21.0||6||4||60%||26||16||6||West 9||14||vs LAL||W|
|18||Phoenix Suns||33||24||58%||21.5||4||6||40%||25||16||7||West 8||@ UTA||L|
|19||Golden State Warriors||35||23||60%||23.0||6||4||60%||24||17||9||West 7||2*||@ CHI||L|
|20||Dallas Mavericks||36||23||61%||23.5||8||2||80%||23||15||6||West 6||vs NOP||W|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st round picks|
- The Celtics defeated the Hawks, which is good because they are ahead of us, but I don't think we can really catch them. Still. Only 2.0 games right now.
- The Cavaliers defeated the Thunder, which was not expected. They remain only 1.0 back of us, and I appreciate them getting the upset.
- The Mavericks defeated the Pelicans, which is good for us because we pretty much want the Mavs to win out. They are now ahead of the Warriors and hold the 6th seed in the West.
- The Grizzlies defeated the Lakers, which is good for us because we also pretty much want the Grizz to win out. They are now behind the Warriors by 2.0 games. With Phoenix in a tailspin we need another team to hopefully bump the Warriors out. And honestly, we're not going to catch the Lakers.
- The Warriors lost to the Bulls. Woo! And they got blown out too. So, that could be good or bad. They are the 7th in the West, and only maybe the Wolves, Grizz, or Suns can catch them. Every loss is a blessing.
- The Jazz won, which is bad enough, but the Jazz defeated the Suns doing it. Like I just said above, only the Suns and two other teams can catch the Warriors. So this was a double-burn.
- The Pistons lost to the Spurs
- The Magic beat the 76ers -- who are in "Eterna-tank" mode right now
- The Nets got genocided by the Trail Blazers. A 44 point lose is bad.
There are only four game total tonight. None of them really matter that much.