So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- The Jazz lost to the Hawks. The Jazz, down by 15 at half, came back in the 3rd and took the lead. It was a very fun game where all the guys we care about had pretty good games (for both teams). I actually did think that Alec Burks was missing some shots on purpose though. (Conspiracy) His fake "Oh, I am upset I missed it face" and then look up to the arena screen to see a replay and then not really be mad about it was interesting to see and/or have my mind construct.
- The Knicks beat the 76ers, which is good. They are no longer right on our tail, and they are winning enough to make a push for the playoffs. Such that when we play them again later on this season they'll still be trying to win games.
- The Nets beat the Raptors? So . . . uh . . . take THAT Canada!
- The Magic lost to the Bucks -- Orlando is almost in striking range if we tried a little harder
- The Suns lost to the Clippers, and are now 3.5 behind the Warriors.
- The Bobcats beat the Nuggets.
Movers and Shakers:
- Will Philly win another game this season? Let's recap: their current losing streak is a larger number than all of the wins they have this season, regardless of streak.
- The Jazz leaped over the Kings, and technically are tied with the Lakers (but I don't trust our ability to beat them in a coin flip)
- The Knicks moved beyond the Pistons, and closer to the playoffs by one spot
- The Hawks are still in the playoffs, and for academic purposes, now have a lower pick than the Nuggets.
The Big Board:
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||13||50||21%||0.0||3||7||30%||19||10||5||East 15||1||vs ORL||W||@ MIN|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||48||24%||2.0||0||10||0%||19||11||5||East 14||2||@ NYK||L|
|3||Orlando Magic||19||46||29%||5.0||3||7||30%||17||11||3||East 13||3||@ MIL||L|
|4||Los Angeles Lakers||22||42||34%||8.5||4||6||40%||18||10||5||West 15||4|
|5||Utah Jazz||22||42||34%||8.5||3||7||30%||18||13||4||West 14||4||vs ATL||L|
|6||Sacramento Kings||22||41||35%||9.0||4||6||40%||19||13||5||West 13||6||@ DET|
|7||Boston Celtics||22||41||35%||9.0||3||7||30%||19||12||5||East 12||6||@ IND|
|8||Cleveland Cavaliers||24||40||38%||10.5||3||7||30%||18||12||6||East 11||8|
|9||Detroit Pistons||24||39||38%||11.0||2||8||20%||19||11||7||East 10||9||vs SAC|
|10||New York Knicks||25||40||38%||11.0||4||6||40%||17||11||7||East 9||9||3*||vs PHI||W|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||26||37||41%||13.0||3||7||30%||19||9||4||West 12||11|
|12||Denver Nuggets||27||36||43%||14.0||2||8||20%||19||10||3||West 11||12||4*||@ CHA||L|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||27||35||44%||14.5||2||8||20%||20||13||6||East 8||@ UTA||W|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||30||34||47%||16.5||6||4||60%||18||13||7||East 7||vs DEN||W|
|15||Minnesota Timberwolves||31||31||50%||18.5||7||3||70%||20||15||7||West 10||13|
|16||Brooklyn Nets||32||30||52%||19.5||7||3||70%||20||16||9||East 6||1*||vs TOR||W|
|17||Phoenix Suns||36||27||57%||23.0||4||6||40%||19||13||7||West 9||14||@ LAC||L|
|18||Memphis Grizzlies||36||26||58%||23.5||7||3||70%||20||13||5||West 8||vs POR|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||38||26||59%||24.5||6||4||60%||18||14||6||West 7||@ GSW|
|20||Golden State Warriors||40||24||63%||26.5||8||2||80%||18||14||8||West 6||2*||vs DAL|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st round picks|
Only 7 of 20 are playing tonight. There is another huge game though.
- MIL @ MIN -- shouldn't these two teams be in the same division?
- SAC @ DET -- The Pistons should win this one, right? And then it will be a three way tie at the bottom of the Western Conference
- BOS @ IND -- Who knows with these two teams?
- POR @ MEM -- Memphis needs this game
- DAL @ GSW -- this is the game of the night. These two teams are 2.0 games from one another. If the Dubs win they would straight arm the rest of their closest competition and I'll have to start scouting guys in the 23-30 range in this draft.