So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- MIL @ POR -- The Bucks lost, in OT. Gotta keep losing to make sure PHI doesn't have the most ping-pong balls.
- WAS @ SAC -- The Kings won in OT. Great job! They are now 2.0 games back from the Jazz.
- We had hamburgers for dinner last night.
- MIA @ CLE -- The LeBron James team won.
- TOR @ ATL -- The Hawks won! Woo! (For those who don't know, there's a huge ATL/TOR rivalry from the first few seasons of Toronto's history.)
Movers and Shakers:
- No teams moved up or down last night, but somehow ESPN has BOS ahead of UTA today.
- GSW is out of reach from PHX, unless someone gets injured nao.
- BKN is going to win, win, win as they have 9 of their remaining 17 games against crappy teams.
- While SAC and MIL both lost, they lost in OT. ATL won in OT. People still trying for some reason . . .
- Today this is so late because I screwed up and had to do it over again.
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||13||55||19%||0.0||2||8||20%||14||5||4||East 15||1||@ POR||L|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||52||22%||2.5||0||10||0%||15||10||5||East 14||2||vs CHI|
|3||Orlando Magic||19||49||28%||6.0||2||8||20%||14||10||3||East 13||3||@ GSW||L||@ PHX|
|4||Boston Celtics||22||46||32%||9.0||3||7||30%||14||9||5||East 12||4||vs MIA|
|5||Utah Jazz||22||46||32%||9.0||1||9||10%||14||13||4||West 15||4||@ MEM|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||22||44||33%||10.0||3||7||30%||16||10||5||West 14||6||vs SAS|
|7||Sacramento Kings||24||44||35%||11.0||4||6||40%||14||11||4||West 13||7||vs WAS||W|
|8||Detroit Pistons||25||41||38%||13.0||2||8||20%||16||10||6||East 11||8||@ DEN|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||26||42||38%||13.0||4||6||40%||14||11||6||East 10||9||vs MIA||L|
|10||New York Knicks||27||40||40%||14.5||6||4||60%||15||10||6||East 9||10||3*||vs IND|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||27||39||41%||15.0||4||6||40%||16||8||3||West 12||11||vs TOR|
|12||Denver Nuggets||30||37||45%||17.5||5||5||50%||15||9||3||West 11||12||4*||vs DET|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||31||35||47%||19.0||5||5||50%||16||9||4||East 8||vs TOR||W|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||33||35||49%||20.0||6||4||60%||14||10||6||East 7||@ BKN|
|15||Minnesota Timberwolves||33||32||51%||21.5||6||4||60%||17||12||5||West 10||13||@ DAL|
|16||Brooklyn Nets||34||31||52%||22.5||8||2||80%||17||15||9||East 6||1*||vs CHA|
|17||Phoenix Suns||38||29||57%||25.5||5||5||50%||15||11||6||West 9||14||vs ORL|
|18||Memphis Grizzlies||39||27||59%||27.0||7||3||70%||16||12||4||West 8||vs UTA|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||41||27||60%||28.0||6||4||60%||14||12||5||West 7||vs MIN|
|20||Golden State Warriors||43||26||62%||29.5||7||3||70%||13||11||6||West 6||2*||vs ORL||W|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st rnd picks|
So much action, woo, take a break sometime NBA schedule!
- CHI vs PHI -- predictable outcome is predictable.
- ORL @ PHX -- Jeff Hornacek's club is 5-5 in their last ten, and have been remarkably high all season long. None of us predicted this.
- MIA @ BOS -- Flying Death Machine is spinning up.
- UTA @ MEM -- Remember when the Jazz were 16-0 against the Vancouver Grizzlies? Yeah, should be still a good game if we decided to go Favors / Kanter against Z-Bo / Gasol.
- SAS @ LAL -- How the mighty have fallen. Still, A loss here combined with a Jazz loss doesn't help them any.
- DET @ DEN -- These are two teams that have incomplete rosters despite looking okay on paper.
- IND @ NYK -- Knicks are playing the best of the teams with the worst 10 records, but Indy should cream them. It's important to again point out that the NYK pick goes to DEN.
- TOR vs NOP -- Raptors aren't dominating right now, and the Pellies have reasons to lose. We'll see what happens. Anthony Davis is a beast though.
- CHA @ BKN -- East 7 vs East 6, this should be a good one.
- MIN @ DAL -- Dallas is only 1.5 games from the Warriors. Even if we can't have a second lotto pick, there's no reason to think that MEM and DAL can't still drop them a spot or two.
It's going to be hard to suppose that LAL and BOS will win tonight. We need to lose too to make sure we don't lose ground.