So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- DET @ UTA -- Utah loses, and wow, what a blowout. I was honestly surprised by the play and the final score. But still, glad we got that loss.
- PHX @ ATL -- How does this team win road games, something our team rarely does? Anyway, Phoenix is rising again now that Eric Bledsoe is on the court. They've won enough that they are tied with Dallas for a playoff spot.
- MIN @ MEM -- Memphis won, so they are now 1.5 games from Golden State! Hooray!
- NOTHING BAD HAPPENED!
- MIL @ LAC -- Milwaukee lost, ho-hum
- PHI @ SAS -- Philadelphia lost, big surprise
- BKN @ NOP -- The Pellies won! Brookyn was on a roll or late, but this is really positive for us because if New Orleans is doing well (and they are right now, 7-3) they will be harder to beat. We play them twice more this season.
- DEN @ OKC -- Denver lost, understandable
- HOU @ CHA -- West playoff team beats East playoff team. This is not news.
Movers and Shakers:
- You won't believe this, but Philly lost again. I KNOW! So funny huh? They've now lost 25 in a row.
- Utah lost, while BOS / LAL / SAC all didn't play. So we're #4 right now!
- Dallas hasn't played in a while, so they've gone from 7th in the West now down to a tie for 8th. Phoenix and Dallas are tied. Crazy stuff.
- Memphis remains hot, and are 8-2 in their last 10
- Golden State plays something like 1 game in the next week. Nice schedule.
|Record||Last 10||Games vs||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||13||58||18%||0.0||1||9||10%||11||0||2||4||East 15||1||@ LAC||L|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||56||21%||2.0||0||10||0%||11||2||3||8||East 14||2||@ SAS||L|
|3||Orlando Magic *4||19||52||27%||6.0||1||9||10%||11||0||1||6||East 13||3||vs POR|
|4||Utah Jazz *2||23||48||32%||10.0||2||8||20%||11||0||2||9||West 14||4||vs DET||L|
|5||Boston Celtics||23||47||33%||10.5||3||7||30%||12||2||4||6||East 12||5|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||23||46||33%||11.0||3||7||30%||13||2||4||9||West 15||6||vs NYK|
|7||Sacramento Kings||25||45||36%||12.5||4||6||40%||12||0||2||8||West 13||7|
|8||Detroit Pistons||26||44||37%||13.5||2||8||20%||12||3||5||7||East 11||8||@ UTA||W|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||27||44||38%||14.0||3||7||30%||11||3||5||9||East 10||9||vs TOR|
|10||New York Knicks *3||29||41||41%||16.5||8||2||80%||12||1||3||7||East 9||11||@ LAL|
|11||New Orleans Pelicans||30||40||43%||17.5||7||3||70%||12||2||3||5||West 12||10||vs BKN||W|
|12||Atlanta Hawks *1||31||38||45%||19.0||5||5||50%||13||3||5||8||East 8||vs PHX||L|
|13||Denver Nuggets *3,4||32||39||45%||19.0||5||5||50%||11||1||1||6||West 11||12||@ OKC||L|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||34||37||48%||21.0||6||4||60%||11||5||6||8||East 7||vs HOU||L|
|15||Minnesota Timberwolves||34||35||49%||22.0||4||6||40%||13||2||4||8||West 10||13||@ MEM||L|
|16||Brooklyn Nets *1||37||32||54%||25.0||7||3||70%||13||3||8||11||East 6||@ NOP||L|
|17||Dallas Mavericks||42||29||59%||29.0||6||4||60%||11||1||4||7||West 9||14||vs OKC|
|18||Phoenix Suns||42||29||59%||29.0||6||4||60%||11||0||3||6||West 9||14||@ ATL||W|
|19||Memphis Grizzlies||42||28||60%||29.5||8||2||80%||12||2||3||9||West 7||vs MIN||W|
|20||Golden State Warriors *2||44||27||62%||31.0||7||3||70%||11||1||4||9||West 6|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st rnd picks|
So few games tonight, which means they'll all be playing on Wednesday methinks.... (I could just look at the schedule, but no, I want it to be a surprise.)
- POR @ ORL -- Orlando will continue to pull away from the pack because I don't see them beating the Trail Blazers
- NYK @ LAL -- This would be compelling TV back in the late 1980s. It's not the late 1980s anymore.
- TOR @ CLE -- Raptors need to win this one, and the Cavs don't know what they're doing anymore, but they need to lose some more games. Unless, you know, they don't care because they know they will win the lotto for a 4th time since 2003 this year.
- OKC @ DAL -- This is the big match-up for tonight. The Thunder are really good, but we need Dallas to win some games. They are only 2.0 games from GSW. Now is the time to make up some ground.
Also that OKC / DAL rivalry must be something else. Waaay more important for the NBA than a Seattle / Portland rivalry, but that's just me talking crazy stuff. (Also, that was sarcasm. I hate OKC.)