March Game Streams -- The Bird Writes -- Jazz vs Pelicans coverage
The Utah Jazz are a bad road team. They are 8-28 outside of Utah. Well, they're just a bad team in general with 23 total wins on the season -- but still, the road is worse. That said, the Jazz are 18-17 against the New Orleans Pelicans in their gym. So we're less awful there. We actually win there. A huge part of that has to be Deron Williams beating up on Chris Paul for years -- but those years are gone.
Now we have a team that champions a bunch of young players in Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter, Alec Burks, and Trey Burke. But right now none of them are as good as the Pelicans bigman Anthony Davis. Davis, already an All-Star, is averaging a billion of everything this year. Well, more precisely, he's accumulating 27.0 BARPS per game. Which is nearly 10.0 more than Derrick Favors, in 6.2 more mpg.
He is owning teams right now. These are his last 10 games:
Yikes. Onto some slightly less scary news, there are some injuries to note.
- Alec Burks (ankle) -- will miss game
- Andris Biedrins (shoulder) -- ???
- Ryan Anderson (neck) (i didn't want to type cervical disc) -- out for season
- Jrue Holiday (leg) -- out for season
- Jason Smith (knee) -- out for season
- Eric Gordon (knee) -- questionable for tonight
- Brian Roberts (knee) -- questionable for tonight
- Austin Rivers (upper respiratory infection) -- should play tonight
Anyway, we're healthier. They are better. And they are on a 4 game win streak. But they are at home, and have Anthony Davis. And Tyreke Evans (which we went over in the game preview). 'Reke is doing well with the ball in his hands, something he didn't have earlier in the season. (Seriously, this is a guy who played PG his entire career starting at SF this season.) It should be a fun game.
GO JAZZ GO!
Who is going to win tonight?
This poll is closed
The Utah Jazz
The New Orleans Pelicans