So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- CHA @ ORL -- Orlando wins in overtime, and collects their 1,000th franchise win! Congrats!
- UTA @ NOP -- New Orleans wins despite not having 5 rotation guys, that is our winning culture, by the way.
- NYK @ PHX -- Phoenix wins, and are now, somehow, #7 in the West again.
- BOS @ TOR -- Toronto wins, and in doing so, has clinched a playoff spot for the first time in a very long time. Boston loses, so they are right on our tails still.
- LAL @ MIN -- Los Angeles didn't even try, and got blasted by an exponential number.
- SAC @ OKC -- Sacramento also lost, it wasn't close.
- MIA @ DET -- Detroit kept it close in the first half, then Miami took over. It got ugly.
- MEM @ GSW -- This is the big one, Memphis lost to Golden State. This game is huge for the Western conference.
- CLE @ BKN -- Cleveland lost to Deron Williams ' club.
- SAS @ DEN -- Denver lost to the Spurs. No brainer.
Movers and Shakers:
- Phoenix is now #7 in the West
- Memphis goes down to #8, and Dallas is at #9
- Golden State is even more in the drivers seat with a 1.5 lead on the next closest team.
- New Orleans went from 11th by record to 13th by record in one night.
- Boston almost won last night, but Toronto was motivated to clinch. So, well, they lost by 2.
|Record||Last 10||Games vs||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||14||58||19%||0.0||2||8||20%||10||0||1||3||East 15||1||vs MIA|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||57||21%||1.0||0||10||0%||10||2||3||8||East 14||2||vs DET|
|3||Orlando Magic *4||21||52||29%||6.5||2||8||20%||9||0||1||5||East 13||3||vs CHA||W|
|4||Utah Jazz *2||23||50||32%||8.5||1||9||10%||9||0||2||7||West 15||4||@ NOP||L|
|5||Boston Celtics||23||49||32%||9.0||2||8||20%||10||2||4||6||East 12||5||@ TOR||L|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||24||48||33%||10.0||3||7||30%||10||1||2||6||West 14||6||@ MIN||L|
|7||Sacramento Kings||25||47||35%||11.0||3||7||30%||10||0||1||7||West 13||7||@ OKC||L||@ DAL|
|8||Detroit Pistons||26||46||36%||12.0||2||8||20%||10||3||4||6||East 11||8||vs MIA||L||@ PHI|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||29||45||39%||14.0||5||5||50%||8||3||4||7||East 10||9||@ BKN||L|
|10||New York Knicks *3||30||43||41%||15.5||7||3||70%||9||1||1||4||East 9||10||@ PHX||L|
|11||Atlanta Hawks *1||31||40||44%||17.5||5||5||50%||11||3||5||7||East 8||@ WIZ|
|12||Denver Nuggets *3,4||32||41||44%||17.5||5||5||50%||9||1||1||6||West 12||11||vs SAS||L|
|13||New Orleans Pelicans||32||40||44%||18.0||7||3||70%||10||1||2||4||West 11||12||vs UTA||W||@ SAS|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||35||38||48%||20.5||6||4||60%||9||4||5||6||East 7||@ ORL||L|
|15||Minnesota Timberwolves||36||35||51%||22.5||5||5||50%||11||2||3||6||West 10||13||vs LAL||W|
|16||Brooklyn Nets *1||38||33||54%||24.5||7||3||70%||11||3||7||9||East 6||vs CLE||W|
|17||Dallas Mavericks||43||30||59%||28.5||6||4||60%||9||1||4||7||West 9||14||vs SAC|
|18||Memphis Grizzlies||43||29||60%||29.0||7||3||70%||10||1||2||7||West 8||@ GSW||L|
|19||Phoenix Suns||44||29||60%||29.5||8||2||80%||9||0||2||5||West 7||vs NYK||W|
|20||Golden State Warriors *2||45||27||63%||31.0||7||3||70%||10||1||4||8||West 6||vs MEM||W|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st rnd picks|
Only a few games, so, blah.
- MIA @ MIL -- Heat should roll
- DET @ PHI -- Philly should lose, but Detroit is no world beater, and played last night
- SAC @ DAL -- Do we want Dallas to beat GSW (unlikely), or do we want to hurt Sacramento who is likely to lose a lof of their remaining games (likely)? Go Kings!
- ATL @ WAS -- This is a big game for Atlanta who is 2.0 up on New York at this stage.
- NOP @ SAS -- Spurs will win. Especially if Pellies are holding guys out still.
So almost everything that could have gone bad went wrong last night. Glad the Jazz lost though. We needed to with every team behind us losing as well.