So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||12||47||20%||0.0||3||7||30%||23||13||7||East 15||1||vs SAC|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||46||25%||2.0||0||10||0%||21||13||7||East 14||2||@ OKC||L|
|3||Orlando Magic||19||43||31%||5.5||4||6||40%||20||12||4||East 13||3||vs HOU|
|4||Boston Celtics||20||40||33%||7.5||3||7||30%||22||14||6||East 12||4||vs GSW|
|5||Los Angeles Lakers||21||40||34%||8.0||3||7||30%||21||11||5||West 15||6||vs NOP||L|
|6||New York Knicks||21||40||34%||8.0||1||9||10%||21||15||10||East 11||5||3*||@ MIN|
|7||Sacramento Kings||21||39||35%||8.5||4||6||40%||22||15||6||West 14||7||@ MIL|
|8||Utah Jazz||21||39||35%||8.5||4||6||40%||22||16||6||West 13||8||@ WAS|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||24||38||39%||10.5||5||5||50%||20||14||7||East 10||9||vs SAS||L|
|10||New Orleans Pelicans||24||37||39%||11.0||2||8||20%||21||11||6||West 12||10||@ LAL||W|
|11||Detroit Pistons||24||36||40%||11.5||3||7||30%||22||13||8||East 9||11||vs CHI|
|12||Denver Nuggets||25||34||42%||13.0||1||9||10%||23||14||4||West 11||12||4*||vs DAL|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||26||32||45%||14.5||1||9||10%||24||15||7||East 8||@ POR|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||27||33||45%||14.5||5||5||50%||22||16||8||East 7||vs IND|
|15||Brooklyn Nets||29||29||50%||17.5||7||3||70%||24||19||11||East 6||1*||vs MEM|
|16||Minnesota Timberwolves||30||29||51%||18.0||6||4||60%||23||17||9||West 10||13||vs NYK|
|17||Memphis Grizzlies||34||25||58%||22.0||7||3||70%||23||15||5||West 9||14||@ BKN|
|18||Phoenix Suns||35||25||58%||22.5||5||5||50%||22||14||7||West 7||vs LAC||L|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||36||25||59%||23.0||6||4||60%||21||15||6||West 8||@ DEN|
|20||Golden State Warriors||37||24||61%||24.0||7||3||70%||21||16||8||West 6||2*||@IND||W||@ BOS|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st round picks|
- Nothing good happened last night, it was almost the opposite of the previous night where almost everything went correctly.
- The Warriors defeated the Pacers, in Indiana, on a last second shot by Klay Thompson off of a Mark Jackson out of bounds play which was just an isolation. The Pacers had barely enough time for a heave of their own, but the Paul George shot was just a little long.
- The Suns lost to the Clippers, and now the margin between those two teams is a whopping 1.5 games. It's going to be tough to pass them if he Warriors are capable of beating the best team in the NBA on their home floor.
- The Cavaliers lost to the Spurs, and gained some of the ground that was separating them from us. I don't get how it's fair, they're a team that beat us up, and are also only 2.0 games passing us in the standings? Right now we're #8 and they are #9 for most lotto balls.
- The Lakers lost to the Pelicans and because of the inactivity of the Knicks, Kings or Jazz, they jumped up to the #5 spot. Still though, it's only 0.5 ahead of the Kings or Jazz.
- The 76ers lost again, their 15th in a row during this 'slide', this time to the Thunder.
Things are crazy tonight with 15 of these 20 teams playing, and 6 of the games being games between two clubs in the bottom 20. (So, 12 of 15)
- The Bucks host the Kings -- I expect this to be hard fought for some reason
- The Magic host the Rockets -- and surprisingly they're going to do a presentation for Dwight Howard
- The Knicks visit the Timberwolves -- how can NY be so bad?
- The Jazz visit the Wizards -- Hope John Wall doesn't "Zap" us
- The Pistons host the Bulls -- which would be a great game in 1989
- The Nuggets host the Mavericks -- these are two teams going in opposite directions
- The Hawks visit the Trail Blazers -- and their woes should continue
- The Bobcats host the Pacers -- who will be playing a second night of a back to back
- The Nets will host the Grizzlies -- and this should be a fun game of two teams who have won 7 or their last 10
- And last, the Warriors will visit the Celtics -- fun for the whole family, I'm sure.
At the very least if Memphis wins then that helps us out with the (futile?) hope that GSW drops into the lotto.