So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- The Jazz lost to the Wizards, which is what we expected, and what happened on the same night that . .
- . . . The Knicks beat the Timberwolves . . .
- . . . and the Kings beat the Bucks . . .
- Which means that we flipped over those two teams (NYK and SAC) and are currently tied with LAL at 8.5 games behind the Bucks.
- The Warriors beat the Celtics, also something we expected, but on the same night as . . .
- . . . the Mavericks losing to the Nuggets . . .
- . . . and the Grizzlies losing to the Nets . . .
- . . . and the Timberwolves losing to the Knicks.
- I used the MIN/NYK game in both sections, but overall it's better that the Knicks won so maybe I shouldn't mention it. But right now the Warriors are pulling away. They are now 2.0 games up against PHX and DAL, and 3.0 games up against MEM. It was a lot closer the day before, and the day before that.
- The Magic lost to the Rockets, big whoop.
- The Pistons lost to the Bulls, another 4th quarter collapse.
- The Hawks lost to the Trail Blazers.
- And the Bobcats beat the Pacers . . . what is up with that team?
- The Jazz moved up to #5/6 or whatever depending on coin flips from #8.
- The Nets and Timberwolves traded places near the bottom.
- The Suns leapfrogged the floundering Mavericks.
The Big Board:
|Record||Last 10||Remaining||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||12||48||20%||0.0||3||7||30%||22||12||6||East 15||1||vs SAC||L|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||15||46||25%||2.5||0||10||0%||21||13||7||East 14||2|
|3||Orlando Magic||19||44||30%||5.5||3||7||30%||19||12||4||East 13||3||vs HOU||L|
|4||Boston Celtics||20||41||33%||7.5||2||8||20%||21||14||6||East 12||4||vs GSW||L|
|5||Los Angeles Lakers||21||40||34%||8.5||3||7||30%||21||11||5||West 15||5|
|6||Utah Jazz||21||40||34%||8.5||3||7||30%||21||16||6||West 14||6||@ WAS||L|
|7||New York Knicks||22||40||35%||9.0||2||8||20%||20||14||10||East 11||7||3*||@ MIN||W|
|8||Sacramento Kings||22||39||36%||9.5||5||5||50%||21||14||5||West 13||8||@ MIL||W|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||24||38||39%||11.0||5||5||50%||20||14||7||East 10||9|
|10||New Orleans Pelicans||24||37||39%||11.5||2||8||20%||21||11||6||West 12||10|
|11||Detroit Pistons||24||37||39%||11.5||2||8||20%||21||13||8||East 9||11||vs CHI||L|
|12||Denver Nuggets||26||34||43%||14.0||2||8||20%||22||13||4||West 11||12||4*||vs DAL||W|
|13||Atlanta Hawks||26||33||44%||14.5||1||9||10%||23||15||7||East 8||@ POR||L|
|14||Charlotte Bobcats||28||33||46%||15.5||6||4||60%||21||16||8||East 7||vs IND||W|
|15||Minnesota Timberwolves||30||30||50%||18.0||6||4||60%||22||16||8||West 10||13||vs NYK||L|
|16||Brooklyn Nets||30||29||51%||18.5||7||3||70%||23||18||11||East 6||1*||vs MEM||W|
|17||Memphis Grizzlies||34||26||57%||22.0||7||3||70%||22||14||5||West 9||14||@ BKN||L|
|18||Dallas Mavericks||36||26||58%||23.0||6||4||60%||20||14||6||West 8||@ DEN||L|
|19||Phoenix Suns||35||25||58%||23.0||5||5||50%||22||14||7||West 7||vs OKC|
|20||Golden State Warriors||38||24||61%||25.0||7||3||70%||20||16||8||West 6||2*||@ BOS||W|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st round picks|
There are only 6 teams playing tonight, and only one of the three games matters here.
Thunder vs Suns -- Phoenix has 22 games left, and if the Warriors are going to go down, they're going to have to win some tough games. Only 7 of Phoenix's remaining games are against easy teams. Tonight, at home against OKC, is going to be a test.
As for the Jazz, we're kind of in the driver's seat if we want a lot of ping pong balls. There are two more games on this road trip @ Knicks and @ 76ers. Both are bad teams, but we're playing very poorly right now. Something has to give. The reward for the six games in nine nights trip will be a three game home stand vs. Hawks, vs. Mavericks, vs. Clippers; and then a three game road trip @ Spurs, @ Rockets, @ Grizzlies. As Wiggum said: