Watching the Jazz during this road trip has been so much fun!
And yet I still watch every game.
* * *
I'm not one to sikowanalize. I don't know if the players have quit or not, care or don't care. But their body language looked bad from about 8 minutes into the game until the end. I imagine they are pretty tired of the losing.
Despite the 81 points, it wasn't really scoring problems that killed them (they had 76 points with 7:00 left in the game ... that's on pace for about 90 points. You can win scoring 90 points.
But man, the defense. What a mess. Lots and lots and lots of easy buckets. Which got the players in a rhythm ... after which they hit hard shots. Especially Melo in his 22 first-half points.
The team looked like a mess, but I'm still a believer in some of our guys ... just a little bit.
- Burks and Hayward scored efficiently. Burks did a couple ridiculous Burks things in the paint. Gordo's shot looked good. It wasn't all bad
- Maybe I just hadn't seen them, but the milk commercial with Favors and the new produce commercial with Hayward were definite highlights. I'm hoping they get picked up on the NBA.com recap.
- Favors had a nifty over-the-shoulder pass from the left block. More of this please
- They got blown out by a crappy team that is a mess.
- Trey's shooting. Ugh.
- The team apparently has no clue how to defend.
Finally, pop quiz: Match the teams from tonight's game with the corresponding characters: